Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am watching the concert at the mo. Is it just me or my telly, but is the sound quality from the stage a bit sh**?

Hils

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Light show & back projection r good tho' )

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bit of a minor cock-up at the end there - making Buck House look French !!!! lolol

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Loved the atmosphere as it steadily got dark, great light show, Elton great, Kylie waste of space (always was) Paul McCartney did not look very well at all. And as always anchored by very lame announcers.

Still thoroughly enjoyed it and hope Philip is recovering well.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Paul McCartney is like an old aunt... brought out at parties
A little unkind I thought regarding one of the greatest musical talents of the last 50 years. And it is SIR Paul McCartney :p

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A little unkind I thought regarding one of the greatest musical talents of the last 50 years. And it is SIR Paul McCartney :p
Hear, hear! But it is true most of the oldies did look and sound a bit past their sell-by date - not to deny their excellence and impact in their time, but, surely, there's a time to hang up the microphone?

What was the average age of performers last night - 60-ish?. No, I'm not being ageist, 'cos I think they still did a better job than the youngsters - such as there were.

Also, just as a matter of statistical interest, exactly how many Sirs and Dames were there?

I have a kind of cynical gut feeling that if anyone had bombed the Victoria Monument last night, they would have wiped out about 50% of Britain's wealth-makers.

H

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.