Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a very specific question but maybe someone has dealt with it. You never know.
I am a freelance journalist and I have accepted a job to be a freelance editor in France through a German publishing company. The job would require me to live in France but I am a US citizen. There is no office in France and I would be working from home.

My question is can I just get away with applying for a journalist/media visa? Or do I need a work visa?
I can be paid direct to my US account for banking if that makes any difference.
Trying to move before the end of the year

Thanks!:clock:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bev

Thanks. This looks like I would still need a visa. In this case a long stay visa. But then I cannot "work" in France on a long stay visa correct?
I would not be getting paid by any French institution so I guess that puts me in the clear for that
I think I read something about needing 1000 euro a month minimum in your account as proof to be in France on sabbatical. Is that true?
Because I do have the finances to cover that.

Thanks for your help!

·
Administrator
50,461 Posts
You'll have to check with the consulate on this - but what I think they are saying here is that you enter France on a visitor visa (which technically means you aren't supposed to work), and then submit your credentials to the appropriate authorities in France and undergo an interview. You need to be getting paid at least 1000 euros a month from your employer (at least as I read this page) and to have a letter from the employer outlining the terms of your agreement.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.