Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

There are quite a few reasons for this specific thread but foremost is the paucity of threads for Telecom Professionals on this forum.

I intend to start this thread as one stop for all the telecom professionals who are in various stages of their visa processing and plan to move to Australia in next 6 months. This would not only help us to bond with each other as we are from same profession but it would also be helpful when some of us start getting settled in Australia.

I would request you to point the following in your first response so that we get an idea where each one of us stand as on today.

Visa stage : EA approved/EOI submitted/Awaiting CO/granted etc

Intended move : month and with/without family

Years of experience:

Here are my details:

Visa stage : Lodged on 3rd Oct. Awaiting CO

Intended move : Feb'14 if everything goes well. Alone at first with wife joining at later date

Years of experience: 10 Years

Let me know if you would like to get anything added here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello GSR1603,

Count me there!

Visa stage : Lodged in Aug-2013, Awaiting CO
Intended move : Feb 2014 (without family)
Years of experience: 9+

Regards.
SK

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello GSR1603,

Count me there!

Regards.
SK
Hello sk101,

Welcome!

I tried to send you a PM but it seems you have disabled that facility. I am also located in Gurgaon like you. PM me your email and we can be in touch.

Regards,
GSR

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Folks,

I dont intend to move by March 2014 as I am in the stage of getting my assessment from EA but would definitely like to stay in touch as there is dearth of telecom professionals in here.

Visa stage : Application lodged with EA end-Sept
Intended move : mid of next year

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Folks,

I dont intend to move by March 2014 as I am in the stage of getting my assessment from EA but would definitely like to stay in touch as there is dearth of telecom professionals in here.

Visa stage : Application lodged with EA end-Sept
Intended move : mid of next year
Hi Kvish,

Indeed you are welcome to join the group. The more the merrier as there seems to be only a handful of Telecom professionals here. Please PM me your mail ID too.

Regards,
GSR

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi GSR,

I believe this post will enable me with the option to PM :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello GSR1603,

Count me there!

Regards.
SK
Yes, I'm a new member, hence you would not be able to PM me.
I'll do it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think, I still have restriction to send PM. I've posted only 5 post, till date, that might be a restriction.
I'm posting this 6th post, I hope it will unlock me :|

·
Registered
84 Posts
@sk101 - yes, it does after your 6th post

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm also in Teleco but received classification of 233914 Engg Technologist from EA.
My 10yrs experience as Soln Arch and Senior Engr. is in design & Integration of 2G, 3G, 4G vendor equipment over IP/MPLS and IP security(firewalls).

Visa stage : EA approved, EOI submitted. Awaiting Invite.
Years of experience:10
Visa stage : Awaiting Invite
Intended move : Not Sure

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm also in Teleco but received classification of 233914 Engg Technologist from EA.
My 10yrs experience as Soln Arch and Senior Engr. is in design & Integration of 2G, 3G, 4G vendor equipment over IP/MPLS and IP security(firewalls).

Visa stage : EA approved, EOI submitted. Awaiting Invite.
Years of experience:10
Visa stage : Awaiting Invite
Intended move : Not Sure
Welcome Ob1,

Can you please share your mail ID in PM?

Regards,
GSR

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Guys

I´m an Electronics Engineer but most of my experience is in Telco field, specially Fibre Optics projects

Here is my status:

Visa stage : EA approved/EOI submitted/Visa Application Lodged (Sept 2nd)/Awaiting CO/granted

Intended move : First semester 2014 if everything goes well. I´ll move with my wife and 2 children

Place to move: I think I´ll arrive to Melbourne, but willing to settle wherever I might get a job in my profession.

Years of experience: Since 1998 (about 16 years)

Best wishes for all of you

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm planning to move sometime in Nov

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello Guys

I´m an Electronics Engineer but most of my experience is in Telco field, specially Fibre Optics projects

Here is my status:

Visa stage : EA approved/EOI submitted/Visa Application Lodged (Sept 2nd)/Awaiting CO/granted

Intended move : First semester 2014 if everything goes well. I´ll move with my wife and 2 children

Place to move: I think I´ll arrive to Melbourne, but willing to settle wherever I might get a job in my profession.

Years of experience: Since 1998 (about 16 years)

Best wishes for all of you
Hi jcgallegoh,

I am trying to make a group of ppl who are from telecom profession and intend to move to Australia in near future.

Can you please PM me your mail id?

Regards,
GSR

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey Guys.. I am a Telecom Network Engineer.. 5yr experience.. I am in New Delhi..

Visa stage : Lodged 12 Sept 2013, Awaiting CO.
Years of experience:5
Intended move : Feb-Mar'14(Hopefully).. Alone, Not married ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey!

Hello GSR

What´s your e-mail address?
Hi Mate!

As per the forum's policy, I cannot put my mail id here and can only share it with you through a private message.

Currently that feature is not available for you ( to send or receive a private message) as you have not made the mandatory 5 posts to unlock that feature.

Once you make your 6th post on the forum, PM would be enabled for you and I can share my mail id with you.

Hope this is fine.

Regards,
GSR

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Mate!

As per the forum's policy, I cannot put my mail id here and can only share it with you through a private message.

Currently that feature is not available for you ( to send or receive a private message) as you have not made the mandatory 5 posts to unlock that feature.

Once you make your 6th post on the forum, PM would be enabled for you and I can share my mail id with you.

Hope this is fine.

Regards,
GSR
hi buddies,

i am happy to join this thread as only fea threads are available for telecom engineers, one of the rarest species in the world (ha ha ha). My details are given eblow.

Visa stage : Visa granted on 31/12/2013

Intended move : Final week of April, 2014/I am single.

Place to move: Preferably Melbourne or Sydney, but open to all locations if i find a good job.

Years of experience: 5 years+

Warm regards,
Sathiya

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.