Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I got my visa grant today. The initial entry date is just 40 days from now. I have to go in next few weeks. Just want to know that on 189 visa, do I have to get into a job in a local Oz company or can I continue to work with my existing company (India) since they are willing to keep me, however, they don't have any office there but are looking to expand their business in the Australian region. If I work this way, does that count as a work experience in Oz or not? Do they have to setup a local office before I can be eligible for all this?

Thanks in advance.
Varun

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Option 1:
You can continue to work in the same company. Go with your entire family to Australia to validate all your PRs and come back and start planning your permanent move.

Option 2:
If you have planned your move already, go with your entire family to a city of your choice (depending on job opportunities in your field). Continue working remotely (if possible) with your current company.

One thing is for sure that if your salary is paid by Indian Registered Company in and Indian Bank Account, your work-experience will not be counted as Australian.

Once they register their company at an Australian Address and obtain an ABN No., then they start paying your salary from that company into your Australian Bank Account, then your Experience is Australian.

If I would be in your position, I would take one out of 2 options depending on the level of my planning and on the fact whether I can decide to afford INR 250,000 on return tickets extra!

Hope this helps. All the Best & Congratulations!
Please post your detailed timeline of PR process along with ANZSCO Code

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Option 1:
You can continue to work in the same company. Go with your entire family to Australia to validate all your PRs and come back and start planning your permanent move.

Option 2:
If you have planned your move already, go with your entire family to a city of your choice (depending on job opportunities in your field). Continue working remotely (if possible) with your current company.

One thing is for sure that if your salary is paid by Indian Registered Company in and Indian Bank Account, your work-experience will not be counted as Australian.

Once they register their company at an Australian Address and obtain an ABN No., then they start paying your salary from that company into your Australian Bank Account, then your Experience is Australian.

If I would be in your position, I would take one out of 2 options depending on the level of my planning and on the fact whether I can decide to afford INR 250,000 on return tickets extra!

Hope this helps. All the Best & Congratulations!
Please post your detailed timeline of PR process along with ANZSCO Code
Thanks. Here are the details - http://www.expatforum.com/expats/showthread.php?p=12692617

·
Registered
249 Posts
One concern is being paid enough to sustain life in Australia.

Is working part time an option? That could work out OK if you work 3-4 days/week and spend the rest of the time looking for jobs. If you MUST work 5 days/week, can you work weekends to leave 2 days/week for job hunting, interviews and the like?

As long as you work for a company in India, being in Australia won't count as Aussie work experience.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One concern is being paid enough to sustain life in Australia.

Is working part time an option? That could work out OK if you work 3-4 days/week and spend the rest of the time looking for jobs. If you MUST work 5 days/week, can you work weekends to leave 2 days/week for job hunting, interviews and the like?

As long as you work for a company in India, being in Australia won't count as Aussie work experience.
If we have an ABN number for the company registered in Australia, then it should be fine. Have talked to my agent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts