Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Expats,

My wife has dependent PR till 2020. She is a Post Graduate in MSc Biotech. It has been almost 10 years since she did this course and was never employed in this field, although she was employed for 1.5 years in a different field.

I would like to know what options she has got in terms of employment in Biotech field in Australia. Kindly advise.

Regards

·
Registered
460 Posts
With no experience in the field and her degree 10 years old she is not going to find any job in biotech. The science has changed far to much in the last five years let alone ten. What she learnt is all historical processes...she would be less capable than a first year undergrad in a lab now.

Any break more than two years in working in biotech requires additional courses to be studied, conferences attended etc. just to keep up with changes and developments. She would not recognise half of the lab equipment with all the changes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With no experience in the field and her degree 10 years old she is not going to find any job in biotech. The science has changed far to much in the last five years let alone ten. What she learnt is all historical processes...she would be less capable than a first year undergrad in a lab now.

Any break more than two years in working in biotech requires additional courses to be studied, conferences attended etc. just to keep up with changes and developments. She would not recognise half of the lab equipment with all the changes.
Thanks for the honest reply scattley.
What are the other options to earn in that case in short term, not considering doing new courses. I mean jobs in other fields...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts