Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am a serving UK police officer with 3 years service and 2 years as a civilian attached to the police.

I have been on a waiting list for a while for both SAPOL and WAPOL, I am considering taking a career break in the UK and chancing it on getting a job in Australia. As Australia does not appear on the new SOL. I am unsure of my options

Does anyone know if there is a market for ex police officers in australia?

My soon to be wife will also need to find a job she has worked in a number of admin, hotel, leisure type roles

Help required please! :)

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi,

Are you asking whether you would get a police job in Australia once you're here or are you asking about any type of job? I think someone on another thread mentioned that you had to have permanent resident status to get a job with the police so it would depend on what type of visa you're coming over on.

For your soon to be wife she could try the job websites such as seek.com.au - I'm assuming that your visas give you the right to work here.

cheers,
Karen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Are you asking whether you would get a police job in Australia once you're here or are you asking about any type of job? I think someone on another thread mentioned that you had to have permanent resident status to get a job with the police so it would depend on what type of visa you're coming over on.

cheers,
Karen
Hi Karen,

We have not yet started the visa process , I am aware that I cannot get a job with any of the Australian forces without getting permanent residents status, my question was more that If I were to come across on a temporary visa are employers looking for people with policing experience and if so does anyone know which employers may be willing to sponsor myself.

Thanks for the website we will have a look :)

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.