Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, just registered on the forum so I'm not too sure how things work as yet. Basically myself (Glenn), wife (Kirsty), 2 daughters Madison & Izzy are thinking of making a life and career change, Kirsty has been a Staff Nurse in ITU/HDU for 10 Years and myself a Prison Officers for 18 Years. We would like to know what salaries we would need to earn in order to live comfortably in Dubai if indeed this is possible. I am aware that I will need a new career choice, but I am willing to try anything. Could anyone advise us on what the nursing recruitment situation is like at the moment and how much we will need to earn collectively to enjoy a fresh start.

Many thanks

Glenn

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Hello everyone, just registered on the forum so I'm not too sure how things work as yet. Basically myself (Glenn), wife (Kirsty), 2 daughters Madison & Izzy are thinking of making a life and career change, Kirsty has been a Staff Nurse in ITU/HDU for 10 Years and myself a Prison Officers for 18 Years. We would like to know what salaries we would need to earn in order to live comfortably in Dubai if indeed this is possible. I am aware that I will need a new career choice, but I am willing to try anything. Could anyone advise us on what the nursing recruitment situation is like at the moment and how much we will need to earn collectively to enjoy a fresh start.

Many thanks

Glenn
The problem with this city is that is not the right place to come and try a career change. If you plan on changing careers, I suggest you try doing this while you are still at home. Get the training you will need and a few years experience and then and only then attempt to come here. Otherwise you will really struggle to find a job. You will need to have a solid CV, a few years of experience, and even then is hard sometimes to find jobs as competition is fierce and many employers will want candidates that are already based locally, have local experience, or speak arabic. Surviving on your wife's salary as a nurse (provided she can find a job soon) will be impossible. Sorry if I sound a bit negative but that's the reality of things.

Have a look at the jobs and salaries threads, they have lot of information regarding payscales, benefits and cost of living.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts