Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am a U.K citizen who currently works as a Mortgage and Life Advisor in the U.K.

I am extremely interested in relocating to the US havig been there well over a dozen times over the last 10 years.

I hold CII (uk insurance governing body) qualifications in the appropriate areas to advise on both mortgages and life plans, is this something I could use to assist me getting to the US?

Thanks in advance
Craig

·
Administrator
50,381 Posts
Unless you were working with/for a bank with lots of British expats as clients, I'm not sure how useful your qualification will be. Banking, insurance and investments work "differently" in the US - especially as far as tax implications and "tips and tricks" are concerned.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Administrator
50,381 Posts
Many thanks Bev.

is there still a list of trades that are required by the US currently?
As far as I know there is no such list - nor has there ever been. In order to get a visa that allows you to work (assuming you aren't marrying a US citizen or something), you pretty much have to find the job first, with an employer who is willing and able to sponsor your visa application. (Not all employers are able to do so.) There isn't any such thing as a "job seeker's visa" or any other arrangement where you can come over, establish residence and then look for work.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts