Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum,
I have been assessed as an industrial engineer by Engineers australia.
I had opted only for Assesment of educational qualifications and not work experience,
My current Job Title is Senior executive (Logistics) however I am working as an engineer in the current company.

Will DIBP consider my work experince under this title ?
:confused2:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

DIBP isn't concerned regarding your Job Title, INSTEAD its more concerned regarding your R&R.

As far as you are able to substantiate your R&R via Employer Reference Letters or Statutory Declaration there would be no issues.

PLUS IF DIBP does some verification THEN your Employer/Colleague should confirm your R&R.

Hi Forum,
I had opted only for Assesment of educational qualifications and not work experience,
My current Job Title is Senior executive (Logistics) however I am working as an engineer in the current company.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DIBP isn't concerned regarding your Job Title, INSTEAD its more concerned regarding your R&R.

As far as you are able to substantiate your R&R via Employer Reference Letters or Statutory Declaration there would be no issues.

PLUS IF DIBP does some verification THEN your Employer/Colleague should confirm your R&R.
Thanks For the information Jeetendra,

A Deputy-manager from my department will provide the R&R on company letterhead, with his contact details but the HR department may not do so.

Who will DIBP contact from my company ? Will it be the manager that i have referred to on the R&R Letter or the guys from HR department ?

·
Registered
832 Posts

A Deputy-manager from my department will provide the R&R on company letterhead, with his contact details but the HR department may not do so.

Who will DIBP contact from my company ? Will it be the manager that i have referred to on the R&R Letter or the guys from HR department ?
DIBP will usually not contact your employers at all, unless under exceptional circumstances.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DIBP will usually not contact your employers at all, unless under exceptional circumstances.
Hi Funkyzoom,
assuming this to be "Exceptional circumstances", who will be contacted?
HR Dept / Reference manager mentioned on the R&R Letter.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hi Funkyzoom,
assuming this to be "Exceptional circumstances", who will be contacted?
HR Dept / Reference manager mentioned on the R&R Letter.
It depends on your Case Officer, and who he/she decides to contact. I'd say the chances of your employer being contacted by DIBP are less than 1%.

Reactions: Jaideep.karnik

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Refer to attached sample reference letter format given by ACS for ICT applicants. So ideally there shouldn't be much difference in format for your Occupation code except the R&R.

The person who has provided the Reference Letter may be contacted as his contact details have to included in the reference letter.

For one of my friend telephonic verification did take place from Australian Consulate office, Delhi. They contacted him and one of his previous employers.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Under the ANZSCO description of an industrial engineer you are covered. 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, 2006

organising and managing project labour and the delivery of materials, plant and equipment

Investigates and reviews the utilisation of personnel, facilities, equipment and materials, current operational processes and established practices, to recommend improvement in the efficiency of operations in a variety of commercial, industrial and production environments. Registration or licensing may be required.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info Maezel and jeetendra,
well the good news from my end is that I have received an invite today at 19:45 pm IST.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
DIBP would contact the person who signs the job reference letter. It's not uncommon for DIBP and/or skills assessors to contact employers.

·
Registered
837 Posts
DIBP may contact your company HR, your reference or they might even call you directly.

My friend had got a call directly to his desk phone and unfortunately he was not at his desk, he had been to our other office for some training, his colleague received and updated the information to case officer.

So prepare for everything

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Forum,

Hi, did you later on apply for assessment of your work experience? Did they accept Senior Executive title? Additionally, does anyone know which job titles are accepted towards experience in Industrial Engineering? Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts