Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

I am a UK citizen and I have the opportunity to be sponsored to enter the US on a working visa. The only problem that I have is that it is potentially only a short term contract.

My question is; when this job is finished, can I use my sponsorship to apply for another job or do I have to go back to the UK?

Thanks in advance for the help

Gary

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Hey everyone.

I am a UK citizen and I have the opportunity to be sponsored to enter the US on a working visa. The only problem that I have is that it is potentially only a short term contract.

My question is; when this job is finished, can I use my sponsorship to apply for another job or do I have to go back to the UK?

Thanks in advance for the help

Gary
What visa will they use for a short term contract .....
the cost to them of getting the visa is high
once any job is finished you leave

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
H1B can move from one current H1B to another but it is a very unlikely situation unless the employee is in high demand for specific skills.
Rule of thumb - visa status is tied to a specific position within a company. Employee does not fill this position anymore - ten days or so are given to leave. I do not have an official link for the time frame but it is what I hear.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
J1 is a visa that has not a lot of costs for the employer, and that is for a relative short time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts