Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear expat

my husband is settling ok in london after being granted his spouse visa, but he is looking for work. he was self employed in the property field for the last 10 years but is really struggling to find any work.

also we had some nice news that we have a little one on the way. we have looked at our situation from many angles to see if now is the right time to have a baby, apart from hubby not being able to find work, I am working, we were wondering visa wise will having a baby interfere with anything that I haven't thought of?

Hope it's going well for those who are in process of applying. thanks expat xx

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everybody :) will definitely check out the links.

I forgot to complete my sentence.. has anybody else found difficulty finding work? do you have any tips please? (thank you)

the visa was issued in July this year for 33 months and I should (if all goes to plan) go on maternity leave in July 2014. so we will have one year and 3 months for me to get back to work and sorted out before applying for flr. but if hubby is working by then do I still have to be earning for 6 months before applying for his flr or he can meet the requirement through his earnings if I remember correctly? I know previously it was stated that self employment is a challenge to use to meet financial requirements.

x

·
Super Moderator
18,085 Posts
If he is working then both of your earnings can be used to meet the financial requirement however, you are correct that being self-employed requires a lot more documentation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.