Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have a couple of job related questions in relation to the UK spouse visa (entry clearance) that hopefully someone can help me with.

1. If the sponsor & applicant have savings of 62,500 pounds (held at least for the past 6 months), does the sponsor need to have a confirmed job offer in the UK at the time of making an application?

2. The sponsor needs to provide: 'a letter from your current employer on company headed paper – detailing your salary and the length of your employment'. Is a signed contract adequate for this purpose, as it contains that information?

3. Does the applicant need to provide a similar letter from their current employer? (I have a document downloaded from the Gov.Uk website, which details what the applicant needs to include, and which suggests they do).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 No, not needed.
#2 If you are relying on sponsor's employment in UK, you need to provide specific letter of employment in addition to contract, as the letter needed to be written no less than 28 days before online application.
#3 If visa applicant is currently working overseas, just a payslip or signed contract will suffice (as it plays no part in meeting the financial requirement).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info - it's very useful. However, with question two, I'm referring to the job I now have, outside of the UK. Is a headed, signed letter from my employer necessary or does the contract suffice?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.