Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I have an experience on Linux and Oracle, but my current designation is Technical Lead.

Previously I had held positions of Linux Admin for 2 Yrs, DBA for 2 Yrs and Senior DBA for 1 Yr and Technical Lead for around 1 Yr.

As per my experience and designation I guess I need to get my migration skill assessment validated for 262111 (Database Administrator)

I would like to know whether I can get my migration skill assessment validated for 262113 (Systems Administrator)

Also I would like to know, suppose if I get my skill assessment validated for 262111 (Database Administrator) and get my visa stamped, will I be able to apply for positions related to Unix or Linux Administrator, as I'm keen to work on it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Friends,

I have an experience on Linux and Oracle, but my current designation is Technical Lead.

Previously I had held positions of Linux Admin for 2 Yrs, DBA for 2 Yrs and Senior DBA for 1 Yr and Technical Lead for around 1 Yr.

As per my experience and designation I guess I need to get my migration skill assessment validated for 262111 (Database Administrator)

I would like to know whether I can get my migration skill assessment validated for 262113 (Systems Administrator)

Also I would like to know, suppose if I get my skill assessment validated for 262111 (Database Administrator) and get my visa stamped, will I be able to apply for positions related to Unix or Linux Administrator, as I'm keen to work on it.
Firstly you should also have your qualifications closely related to your job......

If SOL list has Database Administrator then you can surely apply for ACS of Database Administrator provided you also have your qualifications associated with Database.....

Irrespective of your Skills assessment, you can work in any field or do any kind of business provided your visa allows the same.....eg visa 189 gives you full freedom to work and do business anywhere in Australia in any field

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the quick response !

I have done my Diploma in Computer Science Engineering along with 6+ years of experience.

Could you please suggest me what visa I qualify.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks a lot for the quick response !

I have done my Diploma in Computer Science Engineering along with 6+ years of experience.

Could you please suggest me what visa I qualify.
As long as you are from computer science background you are eligible for most of the ICT ACS assessments from ACS....I am not sure about the diploma thing since most of the applicants have a degree so not sure abt it......

your visa qualification depends on couple of factors

It should be in SOL list for Skilled Independent Visa 189
and for state sponsorship it should be listed in the respective states SOL list along with the Visa 190 list

check this document for full details
http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...ills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

you cannot confirm prior to applying acs assessment whether its gonna be positive or negative...its acs to decide.....its a gamble of 30k Rs .....

Double check the information i have mentioned but I am confident its correct

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again !

My profession isn't listed in SOL its listed in the CSOL.

Still will I be able to fetch a job which is irrelevant to my chosen assessment category?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks again !

My profession isn't listed in SOL its listed in the CSOL.

Still will I be able to fetch a job which is irrelevant to my chosen assessment category?

If your profession is listed in CSOL then you can only apply for State Sponsorship.....

yes you can get a job in any field but only limitation in State Sponsorship is that you have to be in that particular state for two years

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again !

Reading some of the posts with regards to finding 1st job in Australia, I'm wondering whether it is wise to go ahead with the process or explore other options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts