Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
well today my husband was offered his job.
we will go ahead and sort his working holiday visa now.
he will be in oz a few months before we will follow but at least
i know where we are going now !!
Adelaide
So any info about this would be great!
schooling fees
areas to live
weather
people etc
thank you !
from a very excited irish gal !!!;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi guys,
well today my husband was offered his job.
we will go ahead and sort his working holiday visa now.
he will be in oz a few months before we will follow but at least
i know where we are going now !!
Adelaide
So any info about this would be great!
schooling fees
areas to live
weather
people etc
thank you !
from a very excited irish gal !!!;)
Compared to other parts of Australia, Adelaide is a relatively affordable place to live.. but then again, salaries and living costs, tend to go hand in hand. Sydney wages are higher, but Sydney housing is through the roof.

For the most part, there is a strong affinity between the Irish & Aussies, and hopefully you will adjust quite well. Aussies tend to be very casual & laid back, and accept anyone who accepts them.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Congrats for your hubby's job and wish you all the best for the move ahead , hope everything will be fine with you u guys in Adelaide

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your reply guys but it now turns out that the training for his employment is in Adelaide which means he will be moved after 3 months !! so i still dont know where im going haha ! but the hubby will be in adelaide training etc from jan - march and ill follow out ( to some part of australia ) in July !!!!:D

oh what the future holds is anyones guess ! but its dead exciting !:rolleyes:

·
Banned
934 Posts
Are you going to be sponsored? You can't bring kids out or send kids to school on a working holiday visa?

Adelaide is a quiet city but very nice. Except for property the costs are similar to any part of Australia although compared to Ireland property will still be expensive.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Yep Weebie,

I was just about to point out the same thing.

Dolly

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi guys !

my hubby is going out on a whv first and the company will sponsor us after his 3 months training. so we can fly out once thats come through, they said it can take about 3 months to get sorted?
turns out too that the trip my OH is doing is for 3 months and will be moved to another part of oz then ! so i still dunno where im going haha !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts