Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I got a job offer from total uae. I do not know whether that company is valid or not.
I just send my CV only, no interview call. They offered me a job. I have to sign the contract along with that i need to provide my passport number.

Company address:
P.O.Box: xxxxxx, xxxxxxx Business Towers, xxth Floor, Sheikh KhalifaBin Zayed road, Al Karama, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Fax: +9714 xxxxxxxxxxx, Phone:+971xxxxxxxxxx

Is this valid.

They have a clause in the contract. Is it normal in UAE.
Any candidate that accepts this offer will have to contact the XXXX INTERNATIONAL TRAVELS & TOURISM LLCand shoulder all the expense for the processing, procurement and acquisition of their necessary permits clearance papers with the MINISTRY OF INTERIOR and the company will be reimbursing back the expense. Note that all UAE based employees' are to report personally to our office with identification materials for signing and collection of hard copy of their contract documents.

Thanks in advance for help.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
Hi
This is a total scam!
Known as an advanced fee scam.
You will be asked for processing fees from the travel company - and then lose your money and have no job.
Cheers
Steve

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
SZR starts right from American Embassy towards Karama and Trade Centre. There is a sign board near Burjuman. ;)
American consulate (Great Britain is only country to have two embassy's in the UAE!!)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yupp, the name is the same but it changes from street to road as number of lanes are more,( if I am correct).
No, IIRC, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed road is former Trade Center road (and I think it was called Karama road also). It goes from the roundabout near WTC towards Burjuman.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts