Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been offered a role in San Francisco (USA) area by my company. Job would be located in Foster City, just south of San Francisco.

No idea about the area. Would be moving with my wife and baby. Any suggestions on good locations to live? any locations to avoid?

Had a quick look at rental costs, look high! Would want somewhere nice, ideally with parks, restaurants, and shopping close for the family.

Off to do some research on cost of living comparisons to UK so I know what to ask my employer in terms of salary uplift.

·
Registered
39 Posts
California, and specifically the Bay Area along with the other large cities are some of the most expensive parts of America to live in. Just make sure your salary is worth it. If you talk to someone else with the same job in another part of the country you would make considerably more than them, but this is due to the higher cost of living in your area. For example, the minimum wage for Cali is several dollars higher than in Alabama or Georgia. But gas is also the most expensive in Cali, infamous for the $4-5 dollar a gallon prices people freak over about in the news.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts