Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Im an Engineer with 9 yrs of experience in UAE. I have been offered a job from GASCO, grade 13 on a Contract hire basis.

Lump sum salary : 22K AED (inclusive of all housing allowances and perks)

My Queries:

1) is this a good salary package from a company like GASCO? if not, what is the standard salary been offered for grade 13?
2) is it good to be on a contract hire - what about job security and contract terms?

Anyone please help sharing their valuable opinions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
GASCO is one of the most reputed companies in abu dhabi from an engineers perspective (i too am one)... from what i read your offer seems to be decent enough.. btw if u dont mind me asking can you share the field in which u have applied....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,

Im an Engineer with 9 yrs of experience in UAE. I have been offered a job from GASCO, grade 13 on a Contract hire basis.

My Queries:

1) is this a good salary package from a company like GASCO? if not, what is the standard salary been offered for grade 13?
2) is it good to be on a contract hire - what about job security and contract terms?

Would you mind sharing the salary breakdown that add up to 22K

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All,

My Queries:

Your query, Grade 13 at 22k lump sum? Yes this is within the lump sum range for Grade 13 but you can renegotiate if the vacancy is considered a critical post or hard-to-fill vacancy because of a specialized skill. If it is a common role, then they will insist on the given offer and kaliwali if you do not accept it because they will then contact the next back-up candidate.

If you can shed more info on the position, try sending me a PM.

Contract-Hire? There is a no job security. This is a fact. Even if you do your best and exceed the expectations up to the VP/SVP level of your department. Unless the position offered to you is a technical post (not identified for Emiratisation) then your contract will be renewed.

If the position that was offered to you is a common role and subject for Emiratisation, then do not rely or expect job security. Even if you have a Wastah.

Contract-Hire positions are normally required to fill skill gaps or peak volume work as justifications. However, when the division/department has normalized and your Section or Dept Head does not require anymore your services, then you are only given 1 month notice to search for a new job.

My only advice, if you do accept this offer. Just do your best and gain the experience. Avoid pricey accommodations and/or getting lured in loans. Otherwise, you will regret this later on because there is no job security for common roles under Contract-Hire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts