Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife and I plan to move back to the UK together from Korea.

As part of the financial requirements i need a job contract in the UK starting within 3 months.

I have the contract.

The Company who are employing me are a Family owned company run by my Dad. I have worked there previously so i have history with the firm and it is a second generation family business passed down originally my my grandfather to my parents.

I have an official signed contract and the job is 100% genuine but i worry the ECO might consider it has been made up for the sake of the visa application.

Do you think this is likely to cause a problem? Can being offered a job within a family owned business cause an issue?

Thanks for your help! Its appreciated.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
No, provided you supply all the original documents required, and your job and contract are on a proper business basis. It's possible they will contact the firm and find out if everything is above board, so be prepared.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, provided you supply all the original documents required, and your job and contract are on a proper business basis. It's possible they will contact the firm and find out if everything is above board, so be prepared.
I have included original contract of employment. Original letter from the company director confirming the job. I also included an original letter from the solicitors confirming the position was real as well as a couple other documents backing up the job. All documents signed and original on letter heads.

Its all above boards and all very official. Glad to hear its going to be ok.

Thanks Joppa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.