Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The company where my husband (British citizen) currently works in Brazil is considering to pay him to work in London, as a freelancer or as an employee. The payments will be made in his Brazilian bank account and my husband will transfer the money to his bank in the UK. If the offer meets the financial requirement, would a letter from the employer be enough to the home office?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Yes, this is covered in FM1.7 guidance:
5.5.12. Where the applicant’s partner is working overseas and transfers with the same employer to a job in the UK, that employment may be used to meet both the overseas employment income and the confirmed job offer in the UK required under Category A or Category B.
It has to be as employee, otherwise he will be self-employed and a whole lot of additional evidence becomes mandatory.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joppa.

I forgot to mention that the company is Brazilian and is not based nor have a branch in the UK.

Is the offer still acceptable?

"5.5.4 Where the applicant's partner (and /or the applicant if they are in the UK with the permission to work) is in salaried or non salaried-employment, this may include work overseas, subject to the couple meeting the requirement that they intend to live together permanently in the UK.

5.5.5 Where the applicant's partner is working overseas and transfers with the same employer to a job in UK, that employment maybe used to meet both the overseas employment income and the confirmed job offer in the UK under Category A and Category B"

Do you know any other case like ours?

As our situation is very specific we would like to find an agency or a lawyer who could advise us on this. Do you have any recommendation?

Thanks a lot in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.