Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I am in the process of obtaining PR (SA state sponsored 176). CO assigned and PCC/Meds are being submitted :) I have a total of 12 years experience of which 8 years are into telecom software testing. Currently, I am an analyst/manager in software testing.

Just wanted to know from those living in SA about the job opportunities for my profile in general - How good or how bad? I will be moving with family and hence do not want to take of the risk of being job-less for a long time. :juggle:

Would you suggest searching for job after reaching there or should I get a job first and reach there? :confused:

thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Folks,

I am in the process of obtaining PR (SA state sponsored 176). CO assigned and PCC/Meds are being submitted :) I have a total of 12 years experience of which 8 years are into telecom software testing. Currently, I am an analyst/manager in software testing.

Just wanted to know from those living in SA about the job opportunities for my profile in general - How good or how bad? I will be moving with family and hence do not want to take of the risk of being job-less for a long time. :juggle:

Would you suggest searching for job after reaching there or should I get a job first and reach there? :confused:

thanks.
---------------------------

OzWay, I'm also looking for same kind of info on SA testing opportunities. Hardly see some testing positions in Seek in SA these days but there should be some which might be handled internally or references.

BTW, Did you go for Software tester or ICT Sys Test Engg? I can see ICT Sys test Engg in SA occ list now so not sure if I can prefer SA or VIC.

Thanks and congratulations in advance for your PR :),
Sri

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
---------------------------

OzWay, I'm also looking for same kind of info on SA testing opportunities. Hardly see some testing positions in Seek in SA these days but there should be some which might be handled internally or references.

BTW, Did you go for Software tester or ICT Sys Test Engg? I can see ICT Sys test Engg in SA occ list now so not sure if I can prefer SA or VIC.

Thanks and congratulations in advance for your PR :),
Sri
Software Tester. If you have an option, I suggest you to consider VIC. More oppurtunities than SA for sure.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Software Tester. If you have an option, I suggest you to consider VIC. More oppurtunities than SA for sure.
---------

Thanks OzWay! Yes, I'm still looking for VIC only but not sure if s/w tester will still be there by end of March, hopefully I get 7 band in IELTS in all areas. If I'm not lucky enough and have no choice except SA or ACT, then I would need to go for review on my ACS result letter with an option for occ code 263213.

Very good for your PR and Job Search!

Thanks again.
Sri

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Good Luck with your IELTS!!!

---------

Thanks OzWay! Yes, I'm still looking for VIC only but not sure if s/w tester will still be there by end of March, hopefully I get 7 band in IELTS in all areas. If I'm not lucky enough and have no choice except SA or ACT, then I would need to go for review on my ACS result letter with an option for occ code 263213.

Very good for your PR and Job Search!

Thanks again.
Sri

·
Registered
96 Posts
Good Luck with your IELTS!!!
----------

Thanks LIG! Has FBI report come for your wife as well? My Credit card was charged on Feb 23rd.

Thanks,
Sri

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Folks,

thanks.
Hi OzWay,

I am also SA sponsored software tester. I feel software testing jobs opportunities are bleak compared to VIC. But, I have no option than to take it. Please share more details on job opportunities and anything you know abt Adelaide.

Stamping under process.

Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think Testing jobs for 12 year exp is difficult to get in OZ. I have seen in Linkedin by one of member of Australian IT Industry, who is from Dubai and have had almost 15 yrs of IT experience(not testing) and struggling to get a job in Melbourne.
You can join in AUS IT industry in Linkedin, and check that group. The 15yrs exp IT guy from DUbai worked almost in big companies like Microsoft etc. And every recruiter or company is asking for Local experience if you are trying for Manager level job. Thats what the conclusion from that group in Linkedin.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good day for you,

Thanks a lot for granting me a part of your precious time.

I am a 35 years Electrical Engineer ,recently got my 475 Visa Sponsored by SA government, planned to move to Adelaide on the coming October, I just want to know that what are the ways by which we can demonstrate that we are living in South Australia or under the sponsorship of the designated Area? As you know that holder of 475 Visa should prove that he lived for 2 years and worked full time for one year prior to applying for PR visa. I am asking this question because I have an intention to live with an OZi family and share their house there and that means no tenancy contract or E, W or G bills will be in my name!!!!

Thanking you in advance for your answer and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Alderi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I have 5+ years of exp in Software testing. we have got PR (SA state sponsored 176) and planning to come to adelaide by the mid of Jan 2013. How about the job opportunities for a s\w tester there. I've got a 3+ year old kid, so need to fit in a job ASAP. Please advice

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey all,

Any news on the jobs recently for the software tester in Adelaide?!??!

Lets all keep this thread active... :)

How about the current market for the software testers in South Australia? How to approach the companies? Can anyone throw some light on this?

I might travel to Australia early next year for job hunt (In Particular Adelaide). Please help me with information so that... I can start my preparations... :)

Advises most welcome...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

Can senior member of this forum help us in understanding current software testing market in Adelaide(or anywhere in SA). Searching in Seek or any ither job site, i could hardly find one or two jobs in one month of time in Adelaide area.

Please let us know if SA is suitable for software testing as we are coming to SA after leaving well settled jobs in ur country.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
385 Posts
Jobs in South Australia is based on our luck..there are only limited jobs open here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts