Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Can anyone provide info on IT job market around in Sep/Oct in Australia, I am now working as Business Intelligence (BI) consultant, but just few months back I started. I have heard that there might be jobs available for this field there, can anyone give me scenario about it?

Previously I worked for Testing and QA field and have around 8 years of exp ... I am planning to come to Melbourne in September for job search and need advice ..

Any inputs would be appreciated...Thanks !

·
Registered
220 Posts
The best way to check the job scenario is

1. Follow the Australian job sites (specially seek.com and LinkedIn) regularly for months. Many jobs that are posted can be fake ads. But that should not be a problem too. As at least you will get an idea on the market situation, job locations, employers' selection criteria and your strengths & weaknesses.

2. Make relevant LinkedIn connections and contact with the recruiters. Make a very strong network in Australia. There might be no job or there might be 100's of jobs. It is hard to say as not all jobs are advertised. Many jobs are filled in internally or through network.

4. Most important factor is to know your current position and plan how you should brand yourself in the resume (and cover letter). keeping a track of job advertisements for a long time will give you that experience. And then you will know how you should make strategy for your job-hunting game.

5. Read a lot of articles from experts which can guide you on how to do the job related preparations. You can also find a lot of information in this forum: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ia/738954-scoring-job-migrant-daily-tips.html. The more time you invest in the right direction, the better your chance will be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts