Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if you guys know a good reference place to find help with job application type stuff. I am mainly testing the waters to see about job possibilities and I wanted to seek help with my cover letters when applying from the US. I am in the tempted urging to try to go early on a work visa, and marry my fiance on our "scheduled" wedding in October.

I guess I"m searching mainly for cover letter help, possibly explaining that I am engaged to a Brit, would like a temporary work visa, and will have spousal around End of October or so. I am not sure how that part works. I know I'm not as likely to get a nibble on a work visa, as opposed to a spousal visa and then work.

Thanks for your help!

Jenn

·
Administrator
50,415 Posts
I'm not sure there is any such thing as a "temporary work visa" - the process for an employer to sponsor a foreigner for a work visa is rather long and expensive, so they aren't likely to bother for just a few months. If you were to get any response, it would most likely be to "contact us when you have your work permit."

You'll also be at a greater advantage after you're married and have a local address and phone number where they can contact you. Job hunting from a distance generally involves making a couple of trips over on your own dime.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.