Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am new to this forum, but need some advice please. myself and my partner are hopefully moving to calgary end of may this year once the house sale has gone thru, and I need some tips on the best way to get a job or if anyone knows of prospective employers i should approach. Other half is joining the police so I do not want to be out of work for too long. any ideas?? thanks adele

·
Registered
173 Posts
hello i am new to this forum, but need some advice please. myself and my partner are hopefully moving to calgary end of may this year once the house sale has gone thru, and I need some tips on the best way to get a job or if anyone knows of prospective employers i should approach. Other half is joining the police so I do not want to be out of work for too long. any ideas?? thanks adele
Local newspapers and Jobbank are the usual route to go for jobs.
You can access these also on the internet. Ive been looking just to see whats in my area.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Moving to Calgary too

Also networking helps. There might not be the job being advertised, yet, if you contact prospective employers you never know. There's a popular book called what color is my parachute (loads of copies on ebay). Useful to provide you with a few job hunting tips.

Best of luck with the move I'm also moving to Calgary at the end of may. Just posted off my passport to the embassy to have the PR visa today.

Cheers Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.