Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am a software engineer by profession and have got experience around 7 years. Since last 2 years i am working in UK and still on job , However when i am going to complete the ACS form there is no option that i can mention my current job end date as present as i am still on job.
Does anybody help me on that?

·
Registered
657 Posts
You need to enter todays date as end date if you are submitting application today else the day on which you will submit your application, you have to put that day as your last day

·
Registered
416 Posts
You need to enter todays date as end date if you are submitting application today else the day on which you will submit your application, you have to put that day as your last day
If its ur current job u can leav the end date empty in the eoi.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If its ur current job u can leav the end date empty in the eoi.
Yes you are right bro. But OP is asking in case of ACS :)

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi,

I'm in the middle of applying for ACS skills assessment and just ran into the same problem. The online form wants me to enter the end date for my current job. I see the following sentence in the "Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants" pdf.

"Employment references can only be calculated until the date of submission. The “To Date” will be taken from the employment reference date or the submission date of your application – whichever comes first. "

Now here is my question:
The date my reference letter was issued by my current employer is 17-Feb-2014 and I'm applying for assessment today, that is 5-March-2014. I know the system will consider the date as 17-Feb-2014 as it falls earlier compared to 5-March-2014. However, what should I enter as the "To date"? Should I enter today's date, or should I enter the date the letter was issued?

Your help in this context will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Ankit

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi,

I'm in the middle of applying for ACS skills assessment and just ran into the same problem. The online form wants me to enter the end date for my current job. I see the following sentence in the "Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants" pdf.

"Employment references can only be calculated until the date of submission. The “To Date” will be taken from the employment reference date or the submission date of your application – whichever comes first. "

Now here is my question:
The date my reference letter was issued by my current employer is 17-Feb-2014 and I'm applying for assessment today, that is 5-March-2014. I know the system will consider the date as 17-Feb-2014 as it falls earlier compared to 5-March-2014. However, what should I enter as the "To date"? Should I enter today's date, or should I enter the date the letter was issued?

Your help in this context will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Ankit
My opinion is that if you are still working with your same employer leave the job end date empty when putting the eoi. But if ur applying for acs, put according to the date on the letter. Acs will only consider the letter.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My opinion is that if you are still working with your same employer leave the job end date empty when putting the eoi. But if ur applying for acs, put according to the date on the letter. Acs will only consider the letter.
Dear samkalu, thanks for your help.

The reference letter from my current employer goes something this way:

=============================================

Re: Confirmation of Employment

Please use this letter as a formal notice of employment by << company name >>, of << my name >>.

The following information provides more details regarding << my name's >> employment:
Job title: << my job title >>
Employment status: Full time
Start date: << my start date >>
Work location: << my work location >>

Roles and responsibilities:
<< my roles and responsibilities >>

Work location:
<< my name >> works in << complete work location address >>

Home address:
<< my name >> resides at << my home address >>

If you have any questions, please contact at << company contact details >>.

Does this look good ?

Regards,
Ankit

·
Registered
416 Posts

Please use this letter as a formal notice of employment by << company name >>, of << my name >>.

The following information provides more details regarding << my name's >> employment:

Work location:

Home address:

Does this look good ?

Regards,
Ankit
Hard to say. Coz my letter was fully official as there was no mention of my home address. Just make sure you cover your joining date, and you still work there, your roles and responsibilities. Your roles to the current date. Everything must be on a company letter head. Letter must be addressed to acs. Mention all details of the person who issued the letter. Try to make it good quality English and full detail with all technologies involved.

Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Work location:

Home address:

Does this look good ?

Regards,
Ankit
I think you should also mention the number of hrs per week. If you have a look at the ACS website, they have a list of things they want in the experience letter.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think you should also mention the number of hrs per week. If you have a look at the ACS website, they have a list of things they want in the experience letter.

Yes exactly

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hard to say. Coz my letter was fully official as there was no mention of my home address. Just make sure you cover your joining date, and you still work there, your roles and responsibilities. Your roles to the current date. Everything must be on a company letter head. Letter must be addressed to acs. Mention all details of the person who issued the letter. Try to make it good quality English and full detail with all technologies involved.

Hope this info helps.
Hi zoyakhan,

In the Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants pdf, the following is mentioned:

Each employment reference must contain:
• Start and Finish Dates of Employment
• Description of Duties Performed
• Hours worked - Full time or Part time
• Country where Employment was completed
• Company Letterhead and signed by the author

It says Hours worked - Full time or Part time.

In my reference letter, it is mentioned:

Isn't that fine?

Thanks,
Ankit

·
Registered
113 Posts
When I got my assessment done, I asked all my employers to write the apprx. number of hours since ACS has mentioned in the document that jobs with more than 20 hrs/week will be considered.
I believe writing Full time should work. Perhaps seniors should comment on this.

thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi zoyakhan,

In the Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants pdf, the following is mentioned:

Each employment reference must contain:
&#149; Start and Finish Dates of Employment
&#149; Description of Duties Performed
&#149; Hours worked - Full time or Part time
&#149; Country where Employment was completed
&#149; Company Letterhead and signed by the author

It says Hours worked - Full time or Part time.

In my reference letter, it is mentioned:

Isn't that fine?

Thanks,
Ankit
I guess so. Also make sure you mention the fact that it is 40hours per week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.