Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

What if a person changes his job after submitting EOI?
Does that impacts in any of the ways??

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi anujmalhotra262,

no, don't worry - if it does not affect your points you will be fine. The "proper" thing to do is update the EOI once you have your new job. It should not change your "date of effect" if the points stay the same, so your place in the waiting queue should be secure. If you want you can tick "not relevant" in the EOI for your new job.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hi anujmalhotra262,

no, don't worry - if it does not affect your points you will be fine. The "proper" thing to do is update the EOI once you have your new job. It should not change your "date of effect" if the points stay the same, so your place in the waiting queue should be secure. If you want you can tick "not relevant" in the EOI for your new job.

Cheers,
Monika

if i tick "not relevant" in the EOI after few months submitting the EOI will it be affect to "date of effect"? by doing this the title point won't change.

Reactions: sounddonor

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi ccham,

it shouldn't affect the date of effect (because the points don't change) but I cannot guarantee that it won't :(.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hi ccham,

it shouldn't affect the date of effect (because the points don't change) but I cannot guarantee that it won't :(.
hi dear,

yes, you are right i just remove my probation period from my experience since it not affect to my total point score "date of effect" is no change. that's great. :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi dear,

yes, you are right i just remove my probation period from my experience since it not affect to my total point score "date of effect" is no change. that's great. :)
Thanks everyone, appreciate your help...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Not updating EOI

If I change jobs but not update EOI (and if I were to update my points would be still the same). Would that be an issue?

The reason why I don't want to update is because I've been in the backlog for so long that I am worried that they might change some law that would put my date forward.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts