Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been through almost the entire thread regarding apartment rentals. We are shifting by next week and we have a 9 month old baby. We would like to be next to a metro until we get a car. The areas we are thinking of living in are JLT and Business Bay. Need everyone;s help regarding:

1) Global Lake View in JLT
2) Goldcrest Executives 1 in JLT
3) Palladium in JLT
4) Dubai Arch in JLT
5) Executive Towers in Business Bay - not sure if all towers are same maintenance/amenities wise

Thank you in advance for all your help!

·
Registered
864 Posts
I visited #5 a few weeks ago, seems to be a very nice setup... quite a few restaurants and cafe's, very decent facilities, the buildings seem well maintained and I was told response to issues was pretty quick... plenty of parking for visitors in the outside lots, and residents parking covered in the buildings themselves...

The only odd thing I saw with the one I visited was that you go through the building parking area to get to the elevators, and there is no lobby...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just going to bump this thread for more help/responses

Thanks imac for your help regarding Executive Towers. Am told that its a fair distance to walk from the metro station?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Not really from what I could tell...

I was on a higher floor in one of the executive towers, stepped out to the balcony for a smoke and could see the metro station quite close by... granted I did not walk over, but I would guess it is no more than a 5 minute walk at least from the building I was in...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok great thanks...however they seem to be more expensive compared to JLT. Which tower were you in if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
864 Posts
no idea, sorry... I went there with the guy who lives in the building, so just followed him, without having to ask for directions or notice any signs...

the one I was at had its entrance right next to a kebab restaurant if that helps...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi All,

I have been through almost the entire thread regarding apartment rentals. We are shifting by next week and we have a 9 month old baby. We would like to be next to a metro until we get a car. The areas we are thinking of living in are JLT and Business Bay. Need everyone;s help regarding:

1) Global Lake View in JLT
2) Goldcrest Executives 1 in JLT
3) Palladium in JLT
4) Dubai Arch in JLT
5) Executive Towers in Business Bay - not sure if all towers are same maintenance/amenities wise

Thank you in advance for all your help!

I live in the K Tower in the executive towers. Here are the pros and cons in my opinion.

PROS:
  • Well kept buildings
  • Nice amenities (swimming, work out center)
  • Lots of food options either takeout, delivery or dine-in
  • Grocery store convenience (Spinnys)
  • Close to Dubai Mall

CONS:
  • Maintenance people are not skilled (ie painters, electricians)
  • People always using your assigned parking spot
  • about 10 minute walk to Metro
  • If you want to go south on Sheikh Zahid Road - it takes about 8 minutes to get on with all the one way streets

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I would prefer to be in downtown but with a budget of 90k nothing seems to fit in my budget in Business Bay whereas I have a few options in JLT...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well I would prefer to be in downtown but with a budget of 90k nothing seems to fit in my budget in Business Bay whereas I have a few options in JLT...
Sorry to say, but at a 90k budget, I do not think the Executive Towers are within your means.

Perhaps you can try sharing with someone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's what I thought...JLT it is then or maybe Tecom but apparently Tecom not as suitable for babies/toddlers because no play areas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts