Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My brother is a Java / Android Developer in Pune, India. Completed his graduation in Information Technology in 2011. He will have 4yrs of IT work experience in Sep 2015. He plan to migrate to AU and work/live here. We understand for ACS skills assessment he will need to have min 4yrs of IT experience in order to get any points.

Should he wait for Sep 2015 to start working on his PR application? OR are there any things which he can do now as well/beforehand?

Any recommended visa agency to process his application in Pune, India?

Aarti

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hi Guys,

My brother is a Java / Android Developer in Pune, India. Completed his graduation in Information Technology in 2011. He will have 4yrs of IT work experience in Sep 2015. He plan to migrate to AU and work/live here. We understand for ACS skills assessment he will need to have min 4yrs of IT experience in order to get any points.

Should he wait for Sep 2015 to start working on his PR application? OR are there any things which he can do now as well/beforehand?

Aarti
Not 4 but minimum 5 years to get experience points. As initial 2 years will be deducted and he can claim 5 points only if his skilled experience is minimum 3 years. So in total 5 years exp required.

However if he can manage 60 points without claiming experience points then even 2 years are enough for positive skill assessment.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

IF your Brother's graduation in Information Technology matches his nominated occupation and ACS considers it as a Bachelor with ICT Major.

THEN his 2 years experience would be enough for him to clear ACS Skills Assessment. BUT he won't be able to score any points for employment as his resultant SKILLED Employment would be less THAN 3 years.

Before we discuss further kindly share the following details to ascertain his points:

REFER to attached document to calculate his approx. points.

Hi Guys,

Aarti

Reactions: Aarti G

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi arti,
No need to go via any visa agency. They charge you for what you do and not for what they do. All help and suggestions you can get n this forum. Just shout for help and people like jeeten and other senior members are always ready to help.
Really thankful to them to help out so much. .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Going with an agency or not is your choice. If you or your brother can spend some time to understand the different steps involved in AU Visa processing, you can do it yourself. If not, then agenecies are ready to charge you for that.

Your brother will be eligible to apply even now, no need to wait till Sep 2015 or beyond. All he needs is 60 points, which he can easily get.

For Age (25-32) -- 30 points
For Qualification -- 15 points (as your brother holds IT Degree and is working in IT, it is highly relevant)
Language Test (IELTS or PTE) -- If he scores between 7 - 8 band, he will get 10 points, more than 8 band, he will get 20 points
State Sponsorship, if applicable -- 5 points

So.. Overall score would be exact 60 points (30+15+10+5 - assuming 10 points for language test), which should be more than enough to apply for visa, without experience being considered.

All the BEST!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hi Arti,

I read the views from all the people and they all have guided you to the right way, now its all upto you and your brother that which route should be taken?????

As BNK told that your brother can take the SS route via applying under 190 and as JEETEN said if he wants to claim 5 points for work exp he would have to wait for atleast one more year to get the same as ACS deducts the work exp.

What i would suggest to your brother is that if he fulfills the PR requirement i.e. 60 points without work exp (As BNK suggested you) then he should go for 190 and secure his frem to be settled in Australia. As we know that every now and then immigration dept changes the rules and regulations so its better to be on a safer side and grab the opportunity as it is whenever it knocks your door.

ALL THE BEST!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot guys for your detail info. I will discuss with my brother and parents and decide how to proceed from here. If I get any doubt / questions in understanding process related things I will shout for your help again. Really thankful to have such forums and users helping each other. You guys are awesome!

Please correct me if this info I got online is still current or outdated :
Re "Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)"

>>>> Should you be granted a VISA under this subclass there are obligations to undertake, such as that candidate needs to live and work for minimum of two years in the nominating state and to participate in surveys conducted by the state and so forth.

Can you please guide us on exact steps which we need to take 190 visa?
Which State should we use if his is looking for job into IT sector?
Any idea if its easy to get NSW sponsorship in his situation? What factor decides sponsorship to be allocated or rejected?
Roughly what is total cost and time required for 190 - it will help to make some decisions for parents.

Thanks
Aarti

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Can you please guide us on exact steps which we need to take 190 visa?
Which State should we use if his is looking for job into IT sector?
Any idea if its easy to get NSW sponsorship in his situation? What factor decides sponsorship to be allocated or rejected?
Roughly what is total cost and time required for 190 - it will help to make some decisions for parents.
Get brother's ACS and IELTS (or PTE) done so that you will know for sure whether he really needs to go for state sponsorship (i.e. whether he has 55 or 60 points on his own). The steps are roughly as follows:
1: Choose your occupation- preferably one that is on both the SOL as well as CSOL. Ref: https://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/skilled-occupations-lists/sol.aspx and https://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/skilled-occupations-lists/csol.aspx
http://anzscosearch.com/

2: ACS + IELTS (in no particular order)

3: EOI (with state selection if applicable [190])
3.a: Wait for state nomination approval (in case of 190)

4: EOI Invite

5: Apply for the visa.

I think the cost to apply to NSW is 250 or 300 AUD. Cost for IELTS or PTE would be around 200 AUD. ACS would cost 500 AUD, and the most costly affair, the visa itself, can be calculated here: https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/Pricing-Estimator.aspx (tip: choose a date after July to get the revised price)

As far as chances of getting nominated by the state goes, from what we know, avoid VIC and prefer NSW. There are fair chances of getting nominated by NSW. Jeeten#80 can throw some more light on NSW nomination, or you can follow the NSW nomination thread here on the forums. Also keep an eye on any changes (either at SOL or CSOL level) and on the state nomination website: Skilled nominated migration (190) - Live & Work in New South Wales (especially for any changes that might affect his eligibility criteria).

All the best.

Edit: The thing about 190 with obligation to live and work in the sponsoring state for 2 years is correct. Apart from this difference, 190 is same as 189.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Your brother can attempt PTE and see how much he scores. If he manages 20 points i.e 79+ in PTE, he need not wait until Sep'15. He can proceed with ACS and fetch points from education.
Assuming he's between 25-32, he should be able to achieve the required 60 points for 189.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has the situation changed for Android developer's demand in Australia? would anybody like to comment?
I am not seeing hopeful results on seek.com

·
Registered
111 Posts
Has the situation changed for Android developer's demand in Australia? would anybody like to comment?
I am not seeing hopeful results on seek.com
Android / iOS is the skill in demand here. I have seen the market and there are many recruiters looking for candidates!

Reactions: Zorroo
1 - 12 of 12 Posts