Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just relocated to Dubai - 2 weeks. Still trying to get used to. I will stay in a hotel apartment for next 6 months. My plan is to go for a flat in Jan or Feb. Is it a good time from the rent standpoint?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I rented in January, fine time to rent, but you need to consider that once you move once you will likely move every year at the same time of year, as contracts are annually agreed. So if you are likely to go back home over the New Year period, be prepared to have to house-hunt the moment you come back in future years.

It certainly is good to not move in during Summer, just because the sheer amount of running around you have to do - sorting out DEWA, visits, buying furniture.

Also I think there is perhaps a bit more activity from September onwards, but I could be wrong on that.

Just for info, prices have come down a bit since January, there are a number of flats that in January weren't in my price bracket that have started popping up in Dubizzle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello,

I just relocated to Dubai - 2 weeks. Still trying to get used to. I will stay in a hotel apartment for next 6 months. My plan is to go for a flat in Jan or Feb. Is it a good time from the rent standpoint?

Thanks.
January is hunting season for landlords in these parts due to the fact that its one of the colder months of the year and also there's a lot of tourist activity and short term rental tenants in addition to regular folks looking for accommodation. It's also not the time you want to be in hotel accommodation except you've negotiated rates for the entire 6 months. I've seen rates of 300 Dhs a night rocket up to triple that amount in the last week of December and first three weeks of January.

September is almost like January as well as I think a lot of companies take on new staff during the period and it's around the time schools resume and people who darted off with their kids to escape the heat come back.

You might win if you negotiate something around this period or up until August when business is typically slow for landlords due to the heat and agents badly need a sale and you can get something cheaper. Don't wait until there's a rush.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts