Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d really like to know if there’s anyone here interested on Jamming sessions?
(No Commitment – Nothing Professional – Just fun)
I’m 32/M and I play guitar and some drums too.
My influence is basically rock but don’t mind other styles either.

So, is anyone ready to Rock?
:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’d really like to know if there’s anyone here interested on Jamming sessions?
(No Commitment – Nothing Professional – Just fun)
I’m 32/M and I play guitar and some drums too.
My influence is basically rock but don’t mind other styles either.

So, is anyone ready to Rock?
:cool:
Yeah I'd be interested. I play the drums, haven't played in a couple of years but will be able to pick it up again fairly quickly. If you've got a kit, I'm there!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good mate

Yeah I'd be interested. I play the drums, haven't played in a couple of years but will be able to pick it up again fairly quickly. If you've got a kit, I'm there!
I know that there are some rehersal rooms available where you can jam by the hour and they have everything there, Drums, Amps, Guitars and Basses as well. I heard that it cost about 35AED per hour.

Can you tell me a little bit more about your music influences, background.

I'd really like to do this just to have fun to start with.

wait your reply man.

Cheers.
GpDubai

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know that there are some rehersal rooms available where you can jam by the hour and they have everything there, Drums, Amps, Guitars and Basses as well. I heard that it cost about 35AED per hour.

Can you tell me a little bit more about your music influences, background.

I'd really like to do this just to have fun to start with.

wait your reply man.

Cheers.
GpDubai
Ok that sounds good..much cheaper than I would've thought actually.

I used to be in a band that played pop punk. I guess my main influences were Travis Barker of Blink182 and Tre Cool from Green Day. So I used to play a lot of music similar to that sort of genre.

Just before I sold my kit in 2007, I was starting to play a bit more slower paced music, I guess. For example, Death Cab for Cutie.

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to music, at one stage I was trying to play a bit more rock, like Funeral For a Friend, Billy Talent, etc. So whatever music really..I'd be more than happy to get on the drums again.

Matt

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok that sounds good..much cheaper than I would've thought actually.

I used to be in a band that played pop punk. I guess my main influences were Travis Barker of Blink182 and Tre Cool from Green Day. So I used to play a lot of music similar to that sort of genre.

Just before I sold my kit in 2007, I was starting to play a bit more slower paced music, I guess. For example, Death Cab for Cutie.

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to music, at one stage I was trying to play a bit more rock, like Funeral For a Friend, Billy Talent, etc. So whatever music really..I'd be more than happy to get on the drums again.

Matt
Ok man

good to know, as you probably read on my profile I'm 32, what about you?

My Musical influences are realy wide open, but there's lot's of metal influence on me. Although, In the past few years I've been getting into lots of Blues and Progressive music.

If you can play like Travis and Tre Cool, then I'm sure that we can jam together.

You want me to get the info to see when we can start jamming? I mean, rehersal room availability and timings.

Regards,
GpDubai

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok man

good to know, as you probably read on my profile I'm 32, what about you?

My Musical influences are realy wide open, but there's lot's of metal influence on me. Although, In the past few years I've been getting into lots of Blues and Progressive music.

If you can play like Travis and Tre Cool, then I'm sure that we can jam together.

You want me to get the info to see when we can start jamming? I mean, rehersal room availability and timings.

Regards,
GpDubai
I'm 20 years old. I've never got into metal but have listened to it in the past, particularly Coheed and Cambria and In Flames.

Yeah get some info and get back to me. I can't PM yet on here, send me one later on and I should be able to so I can give you my email address and number.

Matt

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm 20 years old. I've never got into metal but have listened to it in the past, particularly Coheed and Cambria and In Flames.

Yeah get some info and get back to me. I can't PM yet on here, send me one later on and I should be able to so I can give you my email address and number.

Matt
Just FYI
I just spoke with the People at Popular Music Institute
They are located in Wafi Mall, Level 3M
Ph.: +971 4 324 2626

They rent their rehearsal rooms after they finish teaching their students.
Timings are: Sunday to Thursday from 8:30pm to 10:30pm
Fridays after 1:30pm

The bad news, is 100 Dhs per hour
The good news is that the Drum Kit is free of charge.

I'd like to go there to take a look to the rooms, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
GpDubai

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just FYI
I just spoke with the People at Popular Music Institute
They are located in Wafi Mall, Level 3M
Ph.: +971 4 324 2626

They rent their rehearsal rooms after they finish teaching their students.
Timings are: Sunday to Thursday from 8:30pm to 10:30pm
Fridays after 1:30pm

The bad news, is 100 Dhs per hour
The good news is that the Drum Kit is free of charge.

I'd like to go there to take a look to the rooms, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
GpDubai
Fridays would be best for me at around 2pm, maybe Friday 25th? 100dhs isn't too bad between the two of us. I'm guessing they supply sticks??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.