Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reviews, experiences? Thinking of going there sometime this weekend... seems a bit pricey compared to what I am used to in NA but the options in and around Dubai seem limited... there is another joint in Sharjah that I saw, but does not have an attached "spirited" restaurant...

Hence, also planning to hang out at the Captain's beach side restaurant at the resort afterwards... opinions/advice?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Only been there once (for pistol shooting) on a business function, restaurant was fully booked that night so didn't get to try the food. Nice-looking ambience looking out to the sand / sunset...

Bar was good, but don't drink before shooting (not allowed, obviously) :)

Can't comment about anything else, but was well organized for tourist pistol shooting events - expensive for what you shoot, but options are limited in UAE.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... its been a few months without the smell of burning powder :)

Saw the price list on their website and gave them a call, apparently need to reserve range time... I asked what type of pistols they have, the only thing guy on the phone was able to tell me is 9mm... nothing on makes... which is not a good sign...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just called the restaurant... no food on Fridays, just drinks and a DJ... and closed at 11... ******.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
...I asked what type of pistols they have, the only thing guy on the phone was able to tell me is 9mm... nothing on makes... which is not a good sign...
They are older models, look like Astra but can't be sure...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts