Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me explain a bit of whats going on.

In 2011 I was lucky enough to obtain a J1 internship VISA and work in Arizona for a year.

I returned at the end of January 2012. As a condition of my VISA I have to complete a 2 years home stay which means I cannot return to USA under any form of VISA except for vacation.

I have since learned that I can waive the 2 year home stay but I am hitting brick walls with how to do this.

Is there anyone out there that would have some advice or a point in the right direction.

Thank-You

AZbound

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is completely unrelated to your question, but I live in Phoenix, AZ. Been here from London 31years. Hate it here now....just curious, what did you do for work here?

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Let me explain a bit of whats going on.

In 2011 I was lucky enough to obtain a J1 internship VISA and work in Arizona for a year.

I returned at the end of January 2012. As a condition of my VISA I have to complete a 2 years home stay which means I cannot return to USA under any form of VISA except for vacation.

I have since learned that I can waive the 2 year home stay but I am hitting brick walls with how to do this.

Is there anyone out there that would have some advice or a point in the right direction.

Thank-You

AZbound
This might help? :

Waiver of the Exchange Visitor Two-Year Home-Country Physical Presence Requirement

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I worked with Marriott at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge in the Spa and Restaurant. Why do you hate it now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts