Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Im really hoping that there is some kind immigration expert out there who read this, and give me a little advice.

Im currently waiting for my green card to arrive after completing the K1 visa process and filing for adjustment of status. I had a letter in Feb 2015 saying that there is a backlog and I may not get the card until Agust 2015.

At the time this wasnt an issue per say...but now not having a green card is making life really difficult. I have applied to a university masters program in the US and have been accepted. The problem is that they are classing me as an international student as I cant yet produce the green card. They want me to get an F1 student visa but i keep telling them i already have a visa and their response was 'I dont know what to tell you then.'

I guess my immediate question is.; Would homeland security or UCIS allow me to have two different types of visas? Im thinking not, as they both have different limitations on them, but i need to be sure before i go back to the university armed with some accurate info.

Ive tried googling it, but typically for me, my situation appears to be unique.

IM praying some guru out there knows the answer to this I rang UCIS fo an update on my case and they couldnt tell me anything :(

Thanks anyone/everyone

Hannah B

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Twostep

I had a letter from the benefits center in Feb 2015 saying I was a potential candidate for the interview waiver claus, as they were happy with my application to this point. They then said 'for reasons unconnected to your case' we are experiencing processing delays and if you havnt heard anything for 6 months from the date of this letter, contact us.'

Ive checked the case status of my case and it hasn't been updated since the finger printing part was paid for in Nove 2014. The letter is the last thing ive received.

The uni cannot understand why im not on a student visa and are insisting I apply for one. My problem is I don't think I can apply for one, due to me going through the adjustment of status process. Its a nightmare argh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts