Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after lots of form filling and trips to canada to get my nursing qualifications recognized, I have been offered a full time job at St Pauls hospital in vancouver!!!!!
Hopefully the LMO will come back positive and our canadian dream will be a reality!!!!
fingers crossed xxx:clap2:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Good for you!
Any idea about the timing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from another uk nurse

after lots of form filling and trips to canada to get my nursing qualifications recognized, I have been offered a full time job at St Pauls hospital in vancouver!!!!!
Hopefully the LMO will come back positive and our canadian dream will be a reality!!!!
fingers crossed xxx:clap2:

Hello there Sparksman

I hope you don't mind a message from a newbie :) I saw your post and it gave me a tiny bit of hope. I'm currently an outpatients nurse in the Uk and I've already been granted a PR visa for Canada , I will need to move out to Vancouver at the end of this year . I have to say I'm getting rather scared about it..I've been reading about these SEC assessments internationally trained nurses need to undertake...Did you have to do one for BC too? I'm only Adult trained in the uk and have no experience in all the other nursing area's... Are the SEC's really difficult and what if you fail them? :( Could you please give me any advice? I'd really appreciate it... I'm thinking of getting some Canadian nursing books and begin brushing up on things ...

Congratulations to you that you've been offered a job out in Vancouver, sounds like you have put in a lot of hard work yourself to get there too and that its paid off...so this does give me a bit of hope too...at my age of 30..Im prolly gonna need all the luck I can get :)

Thankyou

Tina.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nursing

Thankyou

hiya, the SEC was a little hard but manageable! i found the CRNE practice book and CD really helpful in revising!
Dont worry about your age im 32!!!!!
I have brought a canadian drug book aswell as there are a few difference in names of meds,

hope that helps

jodie xx

Tina.[/QUOTE]

Hello there Sparksman

I hope you don't mind a message from a newbie :) I saw your post and it gave me a tiny bit of hope. I'm currently an outpatients nurse in the Uk and I've already been granted a PR visa for Canada , I will need to move out to Vancouver at the end of this year . I have to say I'm getting rather scared about it..I've been reading about these SEC assessments internationally trained nurses need to undertake...Did you have to do one for BC too? I'm only Adult trained in the uk and have no experience in all the other nursing area's... Are the SEC's really difficult and what if you fail them? :( Could you please give me any advice? I'd really appreciate it... I'm thinking of getting some Canadian nursing books and begin brushing up on things ...

Congratulations to you that you've been offered a job out in Vancouver, sounds like you have put in a lot of hard work yourself to get there too and that its paid off...so this does give me a bit of hope too...at my age of 30..Im prolly gonna need all the luck I can get :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hiya, the SEC was a little hard but manageable! i found the CRNE practice book and CD really helpful in revising!
Dont worry about your age im 32!!!!!
I have brought a canadian drug book aswell as there are a few difference in names of meds,

hope that helps

jodie xx

Tina.[/QUOTE]

Hello there Sparksman

·
Registered
3 Posts
congras!!!! is that hard to be a nurse here? My friend studied nursing in Tai, but she has to study this all over again if she want to be a nurse in Van....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.