Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,
I am moving to melbourne in Feb 2010 and would be bringing some electronic items with me like LCD, Home Theatre system, XBOX etc. I just wanted to confirm if these would work in australia. I have bought these items in Dubai where the Voltage is 220 and Frequency is 50 HZ.

I understand that i need to buy a wall socket as the plugs in australia are different then in dubai but would i need to buy a step down convertor (i have no idea what this is - just read it on the forum).

Any help would be highly appreciated.:clap2:

Thank you.

JD

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi JD

i think in Australia 220 would work. as for the plug, yes it has to be changed, alternatively you can carry extention/multi-plug cords which have multiple plugs in it, so u wont have to change the plugs for everything. for the TV to work there you will have to buy a set top box.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Dear All,
I am moving to melbourne in Feb 2010 and would be bringing some electronic items with me like LCD, Home Theatre system, XBOX etc. I just wanted to confirm if these would work in australia. I have bought these items in Dubai where the Voltage is 220 and Frequency is 50 HZ.

I understand that i need to buy a wall socket as the plugs in australia are different then in dubai but would i need to buy a step down convertor (i have no idea what this is - just read it on the forum).

Any help would be highly appreciated.:clap2:

Thank you.

JD
can u leave your phone number or mail address.. i need some help regarding PCC

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi , How long it will take to issue a PCC in Dubai and how many months its valid? I need to take PCC for my wife from Dubai.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PCC in dubai

Hi , How long it will take to issue a PCC in Dubai and how many months its valid? I need to take PCC for my wife from Dubai.
It takes 2-3 working days. You need to get the form filled out in arabic and english from a typing centre and then take it to your nearest police station. They would take the fingerprints and tell you the date that you can pick it up. Make sure you check the certificate when you are picking it up as they messed up my wife's name :) typical of the lazy ******s :alien:

The certificate is valid for 3 months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts