Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

In the process of getting everything together for my Spouse Visa renewal.

Regards the items of joint correspondence, we have currently:

2 joint Bank statements
2 joint Council tax statements
1 letter from Zurich regarding a joint life insurance policy
1 letter to me regarding my national insurance number dated 11/10/16
1 letter to my husband from BT dated 26/09/16

So firstly, are the sources of the correspondence OK, secondly is the difference in dates between the latter two items alright?

Anything else we need to watch for with regards to this?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

I was under the impression that we needed 6 items each but items in joint names counted for both of us. So bank statements, council tax and life insurance being in both of our names gives us 5 out of the 6, then one letter addressed to each of us giving each of us 6 out of 6?

I can pull the bank statements and council tax right back to the point we started living together so I don't think there is an issue with coving the whole period.

Is this not the case?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Thanks for your reply.

I was under the impression that we needed 6 items each but items in joint names counted for both of us. So bank statements, council tax and life insurance being in both of our names gives us 5 out of the 6, then one letter addressed to each of us giving each of us 6 out of 6?

I can pull the bank statements and council tax right back to the point we started living together so I don't think there is an issue with coving the whole period.

Is this not the case?
Yes, but we weren't sure how well your evidence is spaced out. Each of your evidence should cover a period about 5-6 months, starting at the start of the 30-month period and ending close to your application date.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah I see. Maybe I wasn't too clear, sorry.

To clarify, does the chronologically first piece of correspondence have to be from the first month of us living together or within the first few months?

Also, going back to my first post, setting aside time periods covered, does the evidence look alright?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I applied for renewal as well, submitted 6 joint name bills from 3 different sources, then last week received a letter saying they need more to make a decision.

Quote:
"The current requirement is to provide at least 3 documents per year from different official sources.... The dates of these should spread over the whole period in the question"

So if your first visa was for 2.5 years then it seems you'll need at lease 2.5x3=7.5/8 documents to cover the whole period.

I'm not so sure about the Zurich insurance one. They accept government letters/GP/bank/council/bills/mortgage/tenancy agreement/schools. These are the only documents specified in the letter I got.

Hope this would help and good luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks tttevolt.

So I only need to supply correspondence for the last 2.5 years? Or does it include the initial 6 month period on a partner visa before we married and applied for the FLR(M)?

Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.