Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,im an australian citizen living in ireland.the economy is gone to hell here,no jobs, no money,depression etc.Im considering returning to australia in the new year, to look for work. as i have a family here in Ireland,i would be looking at maybe fly in fly out work to mine sites on a temporary basis.With a view to returning to ireland 2r3 times a year. Just wondering what things are like in the employment market in australia.Its difficult to get an honest opinion from overseas.ps im a fitter.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi keno,

Other than point you in the direction of job websites (see the 'Please Read.....' sticky post towards the top of the forum) I don't have any personal experience of fitters.

Are there any associations for fitters that you could contact? They may be able to give you a realistic view.

We have friends in Ireland and things don't sound good there at all.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi keno,

Other than point you in the direction of job websites (see the 'Please Read.....' sticky post towards the top of the forum) I don't have any personal experience of fitters.

Are there any associations for fitters that you could contact? They may be able to give you a realistic view.

We have friends in Ireland and things don't sound good there at all.

Regards,
Karen
Hi kaz,thanks for your input.I left Ireland initially in1986 for oz,things were bad in ireland then,looks like were heading back to the bad old days.5000 nurses inquired about emigrating this year alone.Anyway,if i return to oz,ineed to go somewhere that,s busy/happening,so that i can get work straight away.hit the ground running,as they say.from what i can deduce,there seems to be a lot happening in queensland.new mines/railways/ports/infastructure/etc.anyone got anymore info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts