Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago, I received an ITA under the Parent Category (daughter is sponsoring me). Apparently, I need to produce evidence that my English is at the required standard. As someone English born, and with an honours degree from an English University, I was wondering what evidence I actually need to produce.
Do I still need to go on some variety of course to obtain a certificate of competency?
Also (sorry!), once I have sent in my ITA and, assuming I'm successful, how long do I have to complete the move to NZ?
Thanks.:)

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Much like you I assume, we are both English born & bred of English born & bred parents, grandparents etc etc and have completed all our life, schooling, college etc in England and through English schools and colleges so there is no question that we met the English Language Requirement.
I don't recall we had to prove anything although I do vaguely recall pointing out the obvious when answering the question!!!
You can I suppose reference all the history about your parents, your upbringing, your schooling in England since birth along with work experience etc should suffice if really needed.

You only need to do a course like IELTS to prove you meet the English Language Requirement if you need to register professionally - i.e. if you are a doctor or teacher etc as those NZ professional registration bodies demand IELTS for everyone no matter where you have come from. It is part of the criteria.

If you receive the Resident visa then you should have 12 months to get in the country.

Reactions: Southdowns
1 - 2 of 2 Posts