Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This is my first post in this forum, apologies for little long post.

I have received ITA on 30th May 2015. In my ITA, INZ has included compulsory document from NZQA stating my qualification is comparable with one of ICT Professionals LTSSL list.

I have submitted my EOI after getting my full IQA from NZQA. Below is my IQA assessment
Qualification 1: A bachelor’s degree at Level 7 (this is my B.Sc. degree)
Qualification 2: A Postgraduate Diploma in Computing at Level 8 (120 credits) (this is my Postgraduate graduation Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)).

So I do have ICT degree but at Level 8 and the same is not matching with LTSSL list. My B.Sc. at Level 7 is not an ICT degree.

I did mention the same wording as per my IQA report in my EOI application and I did map my Level 8 qualification while claiming bonus point under absolute skill shortage. I was hoping to get query or rejection (back to pool) of my EOI, instead I received ITA. So I was happy but not confuse.

Now given this situation, do you think INZ will reject my application of residency? Or Please provide your experience in this scenario.

Below are my points which I claimed:
Qualifications: 50 pts,
Qualification in absolute skill shortage : 10 pts,
Relevant work experience (13+ Years): 30 pts,
Work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage ( 10+ Years): 15 pts
Partner qualifications: 20 pts
Total = 150
I have applied for ITA Project Manager Category.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi JPCPT,

If you feel that it could be a mistake on their part, or may be you are given a privilege, just don't worry and keep the process going on. I don't have idea about being them rejecting for this reason, but I feel that if it is their mistake to not query on your qualification at EOI stage, then it is their own lookout. If at any later stage, they decline saying this problem, you can refer them to your EOI where they approved the same thing.

Now that you have come so far, there's no point in looking back. Go ahead and keep the show on.

Hi All,

I have received ITA on 30th May 2015. In my ITA, INZ has included compulsory document from NZQA stating my qualification is comparable with one of ICT Professionals LTSSL list.

I have submitted my EOI after getting my full IQA from NZQA. Below is my IQA assessment
Qualification 2: A Postgraduate Diploma in Computing at Level 8 (120 credits) (this is my Postgraduate graduation Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)).

So I do have ICT degree but at Level 8 and the same is not matching with LTSSL list. My B.Sc. at Level 7 is not an ICT degree.

I did mention the same wording as per my IQA report in my EOI application and I did map my Level 8 qualification while claiming bonus point under absolute skill shortage. I was hoping to get query or rejection (back to pool) of my EOI, instead I received ITA. So I was happy but not confuse.

Now given this situation, do you think INZ will reject my application of residency? Or Please provide your experience in this scenario.

Total = 150

·
Super Moderator
4,943 Posts
Hi All,

Total = 150
I don't think you have a problem.
The requirements for the chosen occupation off the LTSSL clearly states Bachelor Of Science Level 7 in a few different science applications so what is your exactly ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply.

My B.Sc. is with subjects Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, having Chemistry as main subject.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts