Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys ! Hope you are all doing good.

I would like to know what is the average processing time, or the time to receive ITA after EOI. I have lodged by EOI on 24th July 2017. Can I expect an invitation the coming round on Aug 12 2017? I have only 60 points ( Age-25 Degree-15 English-20) and looking for 189 visa for Chemical Engineer-233111 .

I am a bit worried , with so many changes taking place, including the proposed residence in Australia before issuing PR.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Asheesh , I am in the same boat as you. Apparently, it takes around 14 days for ITA normally for Chemical Engineer. So, you can expect it in the 12th Aug round.
Do check out the immitracker website.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Asheesh , I am in the same boat as you. Apparently, it takes around 14 days for ITA normally for Chemical Engineer. So, you can expect it in the 12th Aug round.
Do check out the immitracker website.
Thanks Harman. When did you apply your EOI?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am currently in the process (waiting on the agent), so hopefully submit it by tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good luck to you as well ! Do tell if you get the invite.

According to my agent, dates for August round are 9th and 23rd. So , lets see.

Reactions: Asheesh24

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All Chem Eng with 60 points get invite in next round fro 189 Visa. No exception ...:)
Thanks for the input Ryan. Lets hope for the best ! But the last round no invitations were sent for 60 points at all..hopefully they should open up during this round.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck to you as well ! Do tell if you get the invite.

According to my agent, dates for August round are 9th and 23rd. So , lets see.
Hey bro, the results for round July 12 and July 26th have been updated and it shows only 3 invites with scores of 70 were given ! Hope this wont be the trend during the Aug 9th round?? :mad::wacko:

·
Registered
10 Posts
A total of 27 invites has been given so far according to skillselect website. Hope that covers all of the 70 pointers in our occupation. I am pretty optimistic about receiving the invite in the next two rounds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A total of 27 invites has been given so far according to skillselect website. Hope that covers all of the 70 pointers in our occupation. I am pretty optimistic about receiving the invite in the next two rounds.
Hi Harman92, did you receive your invite in the last round on 9th? I curious because i will be in the same situation as you. I am a chemical engineer as well currently preparing my CDR for EA.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Harman92, did you receive your invite in the last round on 9th? I curious because i will be in the same situation as you. I am a chemical engineer as well currently preparing my CDR for EA.
Hey! It seems none of the applicants below 70 points have got an invite unfortunately. Fingers crossed for further rounds.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi friends,
I just got 10 points for language (IELTS, 7.0+), so it made my total points of 65 points. Do you think I will get an invitation soon with Chemical Engineer 233111 soon? Not submitted EOI yet, waiting for IELTS official paper before submitting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Man,
Going with CDR for EA, Chemical Engineer 233111 is less competitive, so with even with 60s points we still have a good chance

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, I did not.As Asheesh said, no one below 70 points have been invited yet. Hopefully, the situation will be better by the time your EA confirmation comes.

I just got 10 points for language (IELTS, 7.0+), so it made my total points of 65 points. Do you think I will get an invitation soon with Chemical Engineer 233111 soon? Not submitted EOI yet, waiting for IELTS official paper before submitting.
Yesterday 02:48 PM
Pretty sure you will get an invite in 1st or 2nd round after you submit your EOI provided DIBP reduces the cut off to 65 points.

·
Registered
21 Posts
No, I did not.As Asheesh said, no one below 70 points have been invited yet. Hopefully, the situation will be better by the time your EA confirmation comes.

Pretty sure you will get an invite in 1st or 2nd round after you submit your EOI provided DIBP reduces the cut off to 65 points.
Hey Harman,
Hope that 70s points will be clean soon. So far as I see, there are less competitive with Chemical Engineer.
I just submitted my EOI today, :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi I am writing here on behalf of my brother who is Chemical Engineer 233111.

Chemical Engineer 233111
Engineering Technologist 233914

Age + 25
Qualification + 15 (Mastress)
Experience + 10 (6 years plus), EA assessments for both occupations (CE )
Language + 0
IELTS 1st attempt Dec.2016 (L-6.5 R-6.0 W-6.5 S-6.5) Overall 6.5
PTE 1st attempt 16.09.2017
Total Points=50

Is there any Chemical Engineer from Saudia Arabia?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anyone get invitation for Chemical Engineering this round? Cut-off points?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone get invitation for Chemical Engineering this round? Cut-off points?
Apart from one occupation, cut off points are still at 70. But since DOE has moved to 17/8/17 for non pro ratas, in all likelihood cut off will decrease to 65 by 2nd round of Sep or 1st round of Oct. Hence, a good chance that 65 pointers(DOE pre Aug) will be invited around December.However, probability of 60 pointers getting invited in the current year is next to zero.

Note: These points are analysed on the basis of unofficial information available.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi I am writing here on behalf of my brother who is Chemical Engineer 233111.Today he got additional 10 marks of in English lanuage. Please find below his markings.

Chemical Engineer 233111

Age + 25
Qualification + 15 (Mastress)
Experience + 10 (5 years plus)
Language + 10
IELTS 1st attempt Dec.2016 (L-6.5 R-6.0 W-6.5 S-6.5) Overall 6.5
PTE 1st attempt 26.08.2017 (L-71,R-72,W-66,S-75), Ability-Proficient
Total Points=60
Country of application:Saudia Arabia
Waiting for invitation

1 - 20 of 65 Posts