Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

It wandered by our house

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  amaslam 
#1 ·
No I don't have scary pictures of spiders :eek: but my husband did call me to see a lizard wandering along the kerb of our front garden. It was about a foot long (30 cms) and at first glance it was hard to tell which way it was going (when it was stationery).

I don't think I ever saw lizards in the UK at all.

Regards,
Karen

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Good grief!

Thank goodness it wasn't in your house :lol: I think I may have heard the screams from here!

Dolly

#5 ·
It wasn't that scary.... It wasn't scared of me - just curious and I felt the same way about it.

We'd seen them out on the country roads before but never this close to home.

That's nothing in comparison to the lizard I nearly trod on in our hotel room in Mornington! This was some years ago when we were on holiday. It was a hot day and we had the front and back doors open in our room. I went to get up from the bed and nearly trod on this lizard that was longer and wider than that one there. I let out a scream of shock and my husband laughed. I wanted it out of the room but my husband didn't want to bother so I ended up chasing it out with a newspaper. I haven't seen anything that big locally - yet :)

#7 ·
shoooottt
i cant stand in a room with a 4 inch lizard and here u r talking of a foot long thing.. horrible horrible..

i think i am happier in India.. Lizards are so yukghhhh..

#8 ·
This is scary guys.. :|... I cant be with any of these things near house or street :S...

#10 ·
#12 ·
hahahaha...

#14 ·
Blue Tongue Lizard?

As a confirmedd city-dweller, is that a blue tongued lizard? I am a Yankee, grew up in LA. When I moved in with my girlfriend in Brisbane, and was hanging out in the garage, I saw this MONSTER reptile ( okay... one foot long), and nearly jumped out of my skin. But they are very non-aggresive, and as they say when we are kids, it was more afraid of me than I was of him (is that possible?) But it is part of living Down Under. No Sweat!!

#17 ·
As a confirmedd city-dweller, is that a blue tongued lizard? I am a Yankee, grew up in LA. When I moved in with my girlfriend in Brisbane, and was hanging out in the garage, I saw this MONSTER reptile ( okay... one foot long), and nearly jumped out of my skin. But they are very non-aggresive, and as they say when we are kids, it was more afraid of me than I was of him (is that possible?) But it is part of living Down Under. No Sweat!!
It does look rather like a blue tongued lizard in which case at around a foot long it is still a juvenile. They can grow to over 3 feet. They are however non aggressive and make good pets.:):):)
I think hes gorgeous.

#15 ·
Wow! Awesome blue tongued lizard :D

#19 ·
aggressive or non aggressive, i still hate them

#20 ·
Its blue tongued or black tongued... Its scary :(

#21 ·
I love em

I love lizards, such cute things:D:D:D:D:D
My son rescues reptiles such as lizards and snakes which have been neglected by owners who have no idea what they are doing. He nurses them back to health and then homes them with responsible people.
It does cause a few problems when my husband and I go to visit him as my husband is terrified of snakes:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: What a whimp:D:D:D

#22 ·
I don't understand why people are afraid of snakes and lizards, unless they've had a bad experience of them.

Of course I say that but until recently I was terrified of spiders :D :D :D
Although in my defence I was teased with them as a kid :behindsofa:

#23 ·
I guess with lizards I'm OK (they eat bugs which I dislike more and mostly stay away from you). Snakes I think bug me more as they can kill me (and I won't know till I step on one).

If you want a laugh Google "Damn Nature You Scary" and watch the small Youtube clip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.