Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No I don't have scary pictures of spiders :eek: but my husband did call me to see a lizard wandering along the kerb of our front garden. It was about a foot long (30 cms) and at first glance it was hard to tell which way it was going (when it was stationery).

I don't think I ever saw lizards in the UK at all.

Regards,
Karen

Attachments

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Cool :)

I've seen little baby ones near my place, but they run as soon as they see me. That one is a native that you see there :)

No reason to worry.

Obligatory: Welcome to Australia :D

No I don't have scary pictures of spiders :eek: but my husband did call me to see a lizard wandering along the kerb of our front garden. It was about a foot long (30 cms) and at first glance it was hard to tell which way it was going (when it was stationery).

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Good grief!

Thank goodness it wasn't in your house :lol: I think I may have heard the screams from here!

Dolly

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wasn't that scary.... It wasn't scared of me - just curious and I felt the same way about it.

We'd seen them out on the country roads before but never this close to home.

That's nothing in comparison to the lizard I nearly trod on in our hotel room in Mornington! This was some years ago when we were on holiday. It was a hot day and we had the front and back doors open in our room. I went to get up from the bed and nearly trod on this lizard that was longer and wider than that one there. I let out a scream of shock and my husband laughed. I wanted it out of the room but my husband didn't want to bother so I ended up chasing it out with a newspaper. I haven't seen anything that big locally - yet :)

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I think I would have chased my husband out of the room with that reaction :lol:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
shoooottt
i cant stand in a room with a 4 inch lizard and here u r talking of a foot long thing.. horrible horrible..

i think i am happier in India.. Lizards are so yukghhhh..

·
Registered
233 Posts
This is scary guys.. :|... I cant be with any of these things near house or street :S...

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I suggest you Google search 'Goanna' and click on Google Images

I've encountered one but it was running away from me.

shoooottt
i cant stand in a room with a 4 inch lizard and here u r talking of a foot long thing.. horrible horrible..

i think i am happier in India.. Lizards are so yukghhhh..

·
Registered
8,429 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
hahahaha...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Blue Tongue Lizard?

As a confirmedd city-dweller, is that a blue tongued lizard? I am a Yankee, grew up in LA. When I moved in with my girlfriend in Brisbane, and was hanging out in the garage, I saw this MONSTER reptile ( okay... one foot long), and nearly jumped out of my skin. But they are very non-aggresive, and as they say when we are kids, it was more afraid of me than I was of him (is that possible?) But it is part of living Down Under. No Sweat!!

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wow! Awesome blue tongued lizard :D

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I suggest you Google search 'Goanna' and click on Google Images

I've encountered one but it was running away from me.
So you're scarier than a lizard! :D

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
As a confirmedd city-dweller, is that a blue tongued lizard? I am a Yankee, grew up in LA. When I moved in with my girlfriend in Brisbane, and was hanging out in the garage, I saw this MONSTER reptile ( okay... one foot long), and nearly jumped out of my skin. But they are very non-aggresive, and as they say when we are kids, it was more afraid of me than I was of him (is that possible?) But it is part of living Down Under. No Sweat!!
It does look rather like a blue tongued lizard in which case at around a foot long it is still a juvenile. They can grow to over 3 feet. They are however non aggressive and make good pets.:):):)
I think hes gorgeous.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
aggressive or non aggressive, i still hate them

·
Registered
233 Posts
Its blue tongued or black tongued... Its scary :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts