Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am vijay from banglore, india. Currently i am processing my skill and talent visa for france.

I would like to know about the chances of getting a job in IT industry in france. My overall experience as systems administrator is 6 years.

My plan is to go france and do job searching, is french speaking skill a must? And i am comfortable only with english.

What is the processing time for this visa when done from india? any idea?

How much does an average accomadation cost over there? I am moving alone and not with family.

How about the living expense in france?

Hows is the IT job market in france right now? or still recession is going on.

Any response or advice is highly appreciated.

·
Administrator
51,555 Posts
My understanding with this "skills and talents" visa is that you need to propose a project of some sort that will benefit France or your country or both. It's not really a visa where you can just go to France and find a job for yourself.

But, on that score, I think you're going to find that speaking french at a conversational level at the very least is an absolute necessity. They are supposed to assess your level of French as part of the interview process for determining whether or not you will get a visa - and there is talk of a standardized test of French coming into use over the next months.

Your average expenses for accommodation and living can vary tremendously depending on where in France you wind up. Paris is very expense, but it's where many of the jobs are. But it may also depend on what sort of a project you are proposing - as you'll pretty much have to go where you need to to accomplish your goals.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for such a valuable information. This forum is highly recommended.

Well, I need to know the chance of It jobs in france any idea?.

Any comments regarding the processing time in India? Anyone who already processed this work permit please advise..

Looking forward for a response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I worked in IT support in France, currently looking for a job in Switzerland.

As Bev said, French is a must for any IT job in my opinion. All job posts and interviews will be using French language. Moreover you will be working mostly with french people and some of them won't speak english at all. The only foreigners working in IT that I have encountered were speaking perfect French.

Concerning housing, it can be very costly in big cities, renting a 25 m² flat will be ~700 euros in Paris and ~450€ in Lyon where I live. Living with roommates is usually cheaper (around 300€) and it will be easier for a foreigner, landlords are really picky these days. You can add 400€ a month of living expenses (electricity, water, insurance, internet, food).

Wages for a sys admin in my location are usually between 1500 and 2500 euros netto depending on your experience.

My advice would be to look for a job in an english speaking country like UK or Ireland which would be much easier to obtain. You can also look in Czech Republic, IBM as a big international service center in Brno and as a bunch of Indian people working there. The salary will be lower than in France but Czech Republic is much cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.