Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am qualified CCNA and ISTQB professional with over 10+ years in software testing. I am currently looking out for job opportunities to relocate to Australia. I have PR sub-class 190 South Australia visa with me. Please let me know if there are any jobs I can apply. Thanks,

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi aussy-hopefully

Come to Adelaide, there are plenty of IT jobs! So no worries! Btw bring also enough money with you because you will need it!

Good luck!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi aussy-hopefully

Come to Adelaide, there are plenty of IT jobs! So no worries! Btw bring also enough money with you because you will need it!

Good luck!
This is probably the First time I am reading some one mentioning about plenty of IT Jobs in Adelaide. Hoping that you may be correct & there would be ample opportunities for deserving candidates.

Its good to hear some positive words... :)

·
Registered
832 Posts
This is probably the First time I am reading some one mentioning about plenty of IT Jobs in Adelaide. Hoping that you may be correct & there would be ample opportunities for deserving candidates.

Its good to hear some positive words... :)
The guy was just being sarcastic. He has been posting overly pessimistic stuff about Australian jobs since a long time on these forums. Don't know if it is the same 'depende'.

There are IT jobs in Adelaide, from what I have heard. But a lot less compared to cities like Sydney and Melbourne.

·
Registered
68 Posts
He He He..... that's Ok..... I was also trying to see how far he can go in stretching it.
But honestly speaking, It should not matter to one about the job prospects. If there may have been any sort of speculations, then he/she should not have applied for PR in the first place.

Its a big decision to move to some other place after setting up all the things at native place.
But as Wise People have said: - One who dares, May get what he/she want

·
Registered
832 Posts
He He He..... that's Ok..... I was also trying to see how far he can go in stretching it.
But honestly speaking, It should not matter to one about the job prospects. If there may have been any sort of speculations, then he/she should not have applied for PR in the first place.

Its a big decision to move to some other place after setting up all the things at native place.
But as Wise People have said: - One who dares, May get what he/she want
Yeah, that's right! Jobs may come and go, but people with resolve will grab their chances!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Some points my friends gave me related to job search in smaller cities like Adelaide.
This is specific to Developers in IT industry.

Three of my friends got the SA state sponsored visa, two of them tried for jobs in there core field for like 5 months and then had to request the State to allow them to search job in Melbourne and finally both of them got jobs in Melbourne.

While other guy stayed there and started learning on front end tools and he got a job in Adelaide itself as a front end developer, so if you are planning to be in Adelaide and are a developer and can spare some time start learning front end stuff like HTML5 CSS ROR PHP or say IOS development etc..

Try to host some of your stuff in cloud to show it during your interviews. This could be handy but you must be creative as you might face local competition.

These technologies have some good and unique openings in small cities and often you might miss them because most of us are strongly in our core languages or on Enterprise end which has limited opportunities in small cities.

Just a tip he gave it to me, whats wrong in learning new stuff :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Some points my friends gave me related to job search in smaller cities like Adelaide.
Three of my friends got the SA state sponsored visa, two of them tried for jobs in there core field for like 5 months and then had to request the State to allow them to search job in Melbourne and finally both of them got jobs in Melbourne.
While other guy stayed there and started learning on front end tools and he got a job in Adelaide itself as a front end developer, so if you are planning to be in Adelaide and are a developer and can spare some time start learning front end stuff like HTML5 CSS ROR PHP or say IOS development etc..
And try to host some of your stuff in cloud to show it during your interviews.
These technologies have some good and unique openings in small cities and often you might miss them because most of us are strongly in our core languages or on Enterprise end which has limited opportunities in small cities.
Well Said Mate, but unfortunately or fortunately I am from Networking Side. I am ITIL V3, CCNA, CCNP Network Engineer with 11 Years for Experience. Not sure what are my chances, but I am positive for the Big Change..... :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well Said Mate, but unfortunately or fortunately I am from Networking Side. I am ITIL V3, CCNA, CCNP Network Engineer with 11 Years for Experience. Not sure what are my chances, but I am positive for the Big Change..... :)
Well Networking is evergreen and is required every where. Keep up the spirits and let your hardwork and destiny take you on path you want to go.

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts

Try to host some of your stuff in cloud to show it during your interviews. This could be handy but you must be creative as you might face local competition.

Hi,

Im a front end developer and have good online portfolio with more than 7 yrs of exp. i have to lodge visa next week. Could you please tell me the scope for front end developers in oz?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts