Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was set on moving to NZ but after a bit of research decided against it. Canada seems like a beautiful country and (I think) remind me a lot of England (which i love despite it's flaws)

How is the computing industry in CA? I moved to outer london on the 1st Feb and 4 job offers to start on the 22nd Feb by today (11th).

I've only had to job hunt once before but again I found a good job straight away.

I know it will be harder finding a job as a migrant in any country....but how hard is it?

Also what are the people like in British Columbia?

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
145 Posts
Canadians in general are very laid back and friendly. I have only visited BC but make sure you steer clear of Vancouver as it is expensive. Kelowna is the computer area in BC to a large extent - best to research it on the web, it will give you an idea of prices, jobs, etc.
To get work best to find a company to go through the Provincial Nominee scheme for you it is quicker than Skilled Worker!
Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking into that scheme you mentioned but can't find anything on it.

I don't suppose anyone could nudge me in the right direction ?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I was set on moving to NZ but after a bit of research decided against it. Canada seems like a beautiful country and (I think) remind me a lot of England (which i love despite it's flaws)

How is the computing industry in CA? I moved to outer london on the 1st Feb and 4 job offers to start on the 22nd Feb by today (11th).

I've only had to job hunt once before but again I found a good job straight away.

I know it will be harder finding a job as a migrant in any country....but how hard is it?

Also what are the people like in British Columbia?

Thanks
Rich
I've been to NZ and believe me it's much more like England than is Canada.
You ask what is computing industry is like in Canada (BC). It's alive and well but it depends what you do. The gaming industry is very active there. Go to:- Immigrating to Canada: Skilled workers and professionals to find out if you qualify as a skilled worker. If your occupation is not on the LIST of 38 then you will be required to have pre-arranged employment before you apply.
What are the people like in BC? With all due respect that is a somewhat silly question. What do you want to believe? They are people with all the warts and foibles that everyone has. Some are very friendly, some ambivalent and some downright nasty. Just like where you now live and just like in NZ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.