Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am trying to fill up the My Health Declaration in Immi Account.
There is a section where they ask " If you have an expired passport which was previously used to travel to Australia. If yes, please enter the details, below"

My passport was renewed in May 2017. The previous passport expiring date is in Jan 2018. After I received my new passport, my old passport was cancelled. This old passport is the passport on which I traveled to Australia twice.

When I enter the expiry date of this passport as Jan 2018, it gives me an error message - Please enter today's date or a past date.

Please let me know what should be put here. The expiry date of my passport is in future but it stands cancelled as of today. Should the expiry date be new passport issue date -1?

Technically, this is a cancelled passport and not an expired passport. Should I fill up this part? Please advise.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi All,

I am trying to fill up the My Health Declaration in Immi Account.
There is a section where they ask " If you have an expired passport which was previously used to travel to Australia. If yes, please enter the details, below"

My passport was renewed in May 2017. The previous passport expiring date is in Jan 2018. After I received my new passport, my old passport was cancelled. This old passport is the passport on which I traveled to Australia twice.

When I enter the expiry date of this passport as Jan 2018, it gives me an error message - Please enter today's date or a past date.

Please let me know what should be put here. The expiry date of my passport is in future but it stands cancelled as of today. Should the expiry date be new passport issue date -1?

Technically, this is a cancelled passport and not an expired passport. Should I fill up this part? Please advise.

Have you tried giving the date as the day before your new passport starts?

For example if the new passport issued date is 30/10/2017 and you can try giving the old passport date as 29/10/2017. Since as far as I know, the date from which your new passport is effective will be the date when the old passport is invalid.

Other members and moderators, please advise if this is an incorrect way.

PS: This was only a suggestion based on common sense and have never done such a way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried giving the date as the day before your new passport starts?

For example if the new passport issued date is 30/10/2017 and you can try giving the old passport date as 29/10/2017. Since as far as I know, the date from which your new passport is effective will be the date when the old passport is invalid.

Other members and moderators, please advise if this is an incorrect way.

PS: This was only a suggestion based on common sense and have never done such a way.
Yes. That's what i have mentioned when I meant issue date of new passport -1. It works. But would that be the correct information.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yes. That's what i have mentioned when I meant issue date of new passport -1. It works. But would that be the correct information.
That should be fine, since there are cases where people have renewed passports before the date of expiry for multiple reasons and it can be claimed the same way. Should not pose any risks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts