Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help with New Online Personal Details form for applications abroad

So, the new online form has been release for applicants abroad.

The new form is horrendous and buggy to say the least.

No option of husband/wife/partner for "Relationship to sponsor" question.

And a whole new section on the applicants employment.

Why is this new section here?

I had no plans of providing docs covering the employment of the applicant (my wife), her wages etc as this has no relevance to the visa process for the settlement visa.

Obviously my earnings etc as sponsor are fully backed up with the required docs.

So do i need to worry? Do i need to prove the info i have now inputted into this new section? I was literally about to send off the old application but it has now been deleted and replaced by this!

Am stressing, help me out here!

Im in South Korea btw, no Somalia! Clicked on that by accident and cant change it back yet!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have made a payment online for my visa application on "visa4uk.fco.gov.uk" on the 18th of November and had also selected a time for an appointment for the 21st November.

Did receive a confirmatory email right away confirming the visa application payment. I was unable to proceed with printing the form and scheduling time for the interview as the payment was still being processed. (24 hour window as stated in manyposts)

Unfortunately this time coincided with the maintenance window for the visa4uk website. Now after 48 hours the website is up and there's a link for older applications/completed recently. I am unable to logon to this legacy site now as it states that " the Visa Appointment Reference number is incorrect"

I have also checked with the bank and the payment has also been debited from my credit card account.

I have tried to reach out to the email addresses mentioned on the website and have also filled in a request via the Visa4UK technical enquiries web form but haven't heard back from them

I am a more than anxious now as I do not know how to proceed with my application. Wanted to check with the forum if anyone else has experienced anything similar to this and knows of a solution.

Many Thanks,
SMV

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear this, im also having a lot of problems with the new site. I had my application saved which has now been deleted. The new site is buggy with huge amount of mistakes, a whole new section on the employment of the applicant and many parts that dont work.

The server is also too slow and cannot handle the traffic, it keeps crashing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to hear that Kylemacca , It is sort of unfortunate to see such a critical portal having issues. Hope they fix them soon.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A bunch of fu**wits created the new sites, so many spelling mistakes etc..ironic.

Its truly awful! The completion notes are all in the wrong places, on the relationship to sponsor section it only lists a bunch of relatives but no husband/wife.

There is also a whole new section on the employment of the applicant, which i didnt believe was really relevant to the spouse visa. I had no intention of documenting my wife's job, only my own as the sponsor. Do you think i need to document her job with earning etc?? Stressing over this as i was all ready to hand in the documents!

·
Registered
69 Posts
This part really pissed me off

relationship to sponsor section it only lists a bunch of relatives but no husband/wife

My wife couldn't select Husband, so selected "Other"

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did you apply for your Partner Kyle?

Applying for my wife, wasn't sure on what visa type, chose settlement>settlement>wife but there was an option for marriage too, were already married so wasn't sure what option to choose.

Sorry for the hijack

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you apply for your Partner Kyle?

Applying for my wife, wasn't sure on what visa type, chose settlement>settlement>wife but there was an option for marriage too, were already married so wasn't sure what option to choose.

Sorry for the hijack
Im applying for my wife too. Same boat i guess an yes 'wife' is correct. Marriage means you would be getting married in the uk.

On the relationship to sponsor question, what did you put? There is no option for husband or partner etc??

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This part really pissed me off

relationship to sponsor section it only lists a bunch of relatives but no husband/wife

My wife couldn't select Husband, so selected "Other"
Yup, we are crossing thread here but i also selected 'other relative' then mentioned husband in the additional info on the last page.

Did you provide any proof for your wifes employment or salary etc? Obviously you are covered as the sponsor but can you prove all you inputted on the new 'employment' page?

·
Registered
69 Posts
No need to provide proof for wife as I'm the sponsor and will be submitting Appendix 2, I have filled this in and posted it over to my Wife who will submit it along with all other docs that I've posted when she goes in for her Biometrics.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No need to provide proof for wife as I'm the sponsor and will be submitting Appendix 2, I have filled this in and posted it over to my Wife who will submit it along with all other docs that I've posted when she goes in for her Biometrics.
Yes im in the same situation, seems weird that a whole category will be filled out with no proof though. I might just get a letter from her boss made out to at least evidence it somewhat even without concrete proof that its all true.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Kyle, assuming nothing has changed from the UKBA, I see no relevance of your Wife's employment as she is the applicant and you are the sponsor.

The only docs she needs to provide as the applicant are the following I believe

2 Passport photos
Passport
English language test cert
TB Test Results
Printed Visa4uk Application (I think)
I would also throw in Sponsorship undertaking form, it's not required but it may help.
Appendix 2 if your applying as Employed Brit Citizen earning over £18,600

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Kyle, assuming nothing has changed from the UKBA, I see no relevance of your Wife's employment as she is the applicant and you are the sponsor.

The only docs she needs to provide as the applicant are the following I believe

2 Passport photos
Passport
English language test cert
TB Test Results
Printed Visa4uk Application (I think)
I would also throw in Sponsorship undertaking form, it's not required but it may help.
Appendix 2 if your applying as Employed Brit Citizen earning over £18,600
No TB test required for South Korean applicants. Also i believe the sponsorship form is only for those residing in the Uk, whete as i am abroad currently.

Otherwise i agree that is all that is required.

·
Registered
69 Posts
No TB test required for South Korean applicants. Also i believe the sponsorship form is only for those residing in the Uk, whete as i am abroad currently.

Otherwise i agree that is all that is required.
Ah okay, good luck with the application, hope it all goes well for you.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Appendix 2 is required for overseas applicants as spouse/partner/fiancé(e) etc.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Appendix 2 is required for overseas applicants as spouse/partner/fiancé(e) etc.
Joppa do you agree that even though there is now a section on the applicants employment i still do not need to evidence my wife (the applicants) job or income at all, since it has no relevance to the spouse visa??

I will of course include appendix 2 with full evidence of my income and savings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have all the documents in place including the TB test papers. Hope they do something about the web site. Anyone else having problems ??

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.