Dear All,

Status and timelines of my application is:-
Applied on 1st Jan 2009
Medical by End Of Month January
CO allocated june 2nd week
PCC submitted :- by August first week.
No response as of today..

I have following queries:-
1. What is the method to calculate first entry date by CO.

2. what is the minimum period given by CO. Suppose CO give January 2010 end as entry date in december 2009( Approximate 2 months) , which might not be feasible for someone to enter aus. Can CO give 2 month to enter aus ??????

Can i ask CO for changing the date. Can i submit the Medicals again.

3. Is there any other method to get changed first entery date.

·
Registered
132 Posts
1. What is the method to calculate first entry date by CO.
Roy: 1 year from PCC/Medicals whichever is the earliest.

2. what is the minimum period given by CO. Suppose CO give January 2010 end as entry date in december 2009( Approximate 2 months) , which might not be feasible for someone to enter aus. Can CO give 2 month to enter aus ??????

Can i ask CO for changing the date. Can i submit the Medicals again.
Roy:As far as I know, there is nothing like minimum period, It depends on the expiry date of PCC/Medicals again(whichever is earlier).

3. Is there any other method to get changed first entery date.
Roy: Unfortunately no. If you are not prepared to migrate in such a short notice then you can go on a holiday to Oz( with all the co-applicants ), validate the visa and then migrate at a later point of time whenever you feel is the right time. Also in my opinion, to be considered for PR renewal, you should have stayed atleast 2 years in Oz before your PR expires.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Or it could be 6 months depending if you get a Category B medical.

As far as I'm aware, the initial date of entry is fixed. Maybe if you have extreme circumstances DIAC may defer but it's pretty rare. You just have to go with the date that's given.

Your medicals are valid for one year (or from the date of the PC submission, whichever is first), after that point you may have to do them again, but more likely you can get an extension from DIAC. You cannot resubmit the original medicals.

Dolly

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or it could be 6 months depending if you get a Category B medical.

As far as I'm aware, the initial date of entry is fixed. Maybe if you have extreme circumstances DIAC may defer but it's pretty rare. You just have to go with the date that's given.

Your medicals are valid for one year (or from the date of the PC submission, whichever is first), after that point you may have to do them again, but more likely you can get an extension from DIAC. You cannot resubmit the original medicals.

Dolly
Hi All,

Thanks for your reply.

1. Suppose CO checks my case in Feb,2010... By that time my Medicals are expired... so CO will ask for medical again.
2. Can i submit fresh medical ?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes if the medicals are expired, they ask for it again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts