Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody:
I wish to know if some body can solve my question about the issue of my EEA family permit, cos i declare im gonna fly till september , and my permit is valid till september, and the 6 months valid????? what gonna happen cos im gonna go till september , and is valid till that month, i wonder if in the border arriving they gonna start to count the 6 months or what?????

Pls replyyyy

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
Hi everybody:
I wish to know if some body can solve my question about the issue of my EEA family permit, cos i declare im gonna fly till september , and my permit is valid till september, and the 6 months valid????? what gonna happen cos im gonna go till september , and is valid till that month, i wonder if in the border arriving they gonna start to count the 6 months or what?????
Don't understand what you are saying!
Do you already have your EEA permit? If so, what are the two dates, 'valid from' and 'valid until'?
When do you intend arriving in UK?

EEA family permit, like other visas, can be post-dated up to 3 months from the date of application, and will be valid for 6 months. So if you apply now, you can put your travel date as 21st August, and when issued, it will be valid from 21st August to 21st February 2013.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't understand what you are saying!
Do you already have your EEA permit? If so, what are the two dates, 'valid from' and 'valid until'?
When do you intend arriving in UK?

EEA family permit, like other visas, can be post-dated up to 3 months from the date of application, and will be valid for 6 months. So if you apply now, you can put your travel date as 21st August, and when issued, it will be valid from 21st August to 21st February 2013.
Hi Joppa:
Tks for the reply, i already have my EEA permit i put in my aplication im gonna take a fly till september and arrive in september and UK border put this in my permit issue valid from 12/03/12 and valid until 12/09/12 , but as i comment you im gonna arrive till september (the end of this permit is in september), that is my worry , i can think in the time of my arrive the border gonna seal my permit and start to count the 6 months is my opinion , but realy i dont know..
Pls reply tks lots

·
Registered
32 Posts
I believe that as long as you arrive before the expiration date on your permit you wont have any problems. There is no six month period from date of arrival that you seem to think. You are allowed to stay as long as you like after entering on the permit (assuming all criteria are still being met). Once you arrive, you should apply for your EEA2 residence card and once you receive it you can come and go as you please.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hi Joppa:
Tks for the reply, i already have my EEA permit i put in my aplication im gonna take a fly till september and arrive in september and UK border put this in my permit issue valid from 12/03/12 and valid until 12/09/12 , but as i comment you im gonna arrive till september (the end of this permit is in september), that is my worry , i can think in the time of my arrive the border gonna seal my permit and start to count the 6 months is my opinion , but realy i dont know..
Pls reply tks lots
You need to be in the UK before 12th Sept 2012.

You need to apply for the EEA2 just as soon as you can after you arrive to the UK-before your EEA FP expires.

You should not make any travel plans once you arrive and whilst awaiting a determination on the EEA2.

Joppa will know if you can take a short trip to France to apply for another EEA FP if your travel arrangements mean you will not have enough time to apply here for the EEA2 between arrival to UK and expiry of your current EEA FP.

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
My first question is, if you knew you aren't going to travel to UK till September, why did you apply for it so early? Or was it a recent change of plan? The expiry date is absolute and you won't be able to enter UK after 12th September.
Even if you manage to arrive before expiry, your permit will expire soon after and, since it takes 3-4 months for your resident card to come through on EEA2, this doesn't allow much time.
You can apply for another EEA permit abroad, but depending on processing time and procedure, it may not be so straightforward.
I think the best thing to do is to apply for another permit in June in your country with a travel date in September, as it doesn't cost anything to apply and the fact you already have an unused permit in your passport doesn't matter, esp if you explain what you are doing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first question is, if you knew you aren't going to travel to UK till September, why did you apply for it so early? Or was it a recent change of plan? The expiry date is absolute and you won't be able to enter UK after 12th September.
Even if you manage to arrive before expiry, your permit will expire soon after and, since it takes 3-4 months for your resident card to come through on EEA2, this doesn't allow much time.
You can apply for another EEA permit abroad, but depending on processing time and procedure, it may not be so straightforward.
I think the best thing to do is to apply for another permit in June in your country with a travel date in September, as it doesn't cost anything to apply and the fact you already have an unused permit in your passport doesn't matter, esp if you explain what you are doing.
OMGGGGG!!!!, i didnt knew about the time i just declare my intentions to fly in september and they gived to me that day..
But they took from my time 2 months cos the just send me my passport this friday 18 of may..and they approved the permit the 12 of march... so tricky
Well in other hand you are right, gonna be easyer if i apply again.. tks for all your advices and help
Tks so much kisses:cheer2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe that as long as you arrive before the expiration date on your permit you wont have any problems. There is no six month period from date of arrival that you seem to think. You are allowed to stay as long as you like after entering on the permit (assuming all criteria are still being met). Once you arrive, you should apply for your EEA2 residence card and once you receive it you can come and go as you please.
realy you dont know how much i appreciate this info, i was in panic, but in the other hand shall i apply for the NI number before i send my passport to apply for the EEA2 OR AFTER?
tKS..:clap2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You need to be in the UK before 12th Sept 2012.

You need to apply for the EEA2 just as soon as you can after you arrive to the UK-before your EEA FP expires.

You should not make any travel plans once you arrive and whilst awaiting a determination on the EEA2.

Joppa will know if you can take a short trip to France to apply for another EEA FP if your travel arrangements mean you will not have enough time to apply here for the EEA2 between arrival to UK and expiry of your current EEA FP.
So i have to apply for the EEA2 stright away, ok noted.
Tks lots:love:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.