Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my medical on the first of this month, e medical has not updated and still shows a link to arrange my medical. Someone suggested on here that may be because my medical results have been refered to an MoC. I'm aware the referrals to them are causing up to four month delays right now. So if that's the case, am I able to get a normal visiting visa for a short stay and go in December on that, whilst waiting for my medical results to grant my visa?

I applied for a working holiday, I intent to work on agency as a mental health nurse. I'm not sure why my results would require a referral, I'm hoping they haven't but it's not looking good.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Michaelalou,

you won't see any changes in the eVisa system until you have a CO and s/he starts working on it. Could be that your medicals were received and cleared but the information hasn't been updated yet. Our "Arrange your medicals" link was there for two whole months ;).

If they have been referred to a MOC, you will likewise be told by the CO. Nothing you can do about it at this stage except waiting.

All the best,
Monika

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Totally agree with Monika, same happened with us.

The day our CO mailed us asking for urther documents, the link went, our meds were not referred though.

Also the status of other documents didnt change until we received our grant.

Dont worry,once CO starts working on your case things should be updated..

Good Luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Is it usual to take this long to get a co?

I had an email with a letter attached regarding booking medicals, but no mention of a co.

G

·
Thanks. Is it usual to take this long to get a co?

I had an email with a letter attached regarding booking medicals, but no mention of a co.
If you received an email from a person with a request you have a CO. They wont necessarily give you updates and will update the online system in between processing visas if at all. Relax and wait if you've done what was asked of you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been assigned a CO around a month back requesting for documents and medical. I gave every document the very next day. But I still can't see any document's status as received on evisa. Do they update it?

G

·
They do but not always quickly and oddly I have seen people granted many times with things still showing as outstanding. So I wouldn't worry about it so long as you know you did it. If there was a problem they would get back to you for more information or further medicals etc.
I assume the CO are just busy so update when they can and obviously sometimes forget.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Yeah, my visa was granted with all supporting documents still marked as outstanding. It seems that a lot of the COs don't bother updating that information.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts