Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
This is my first post here. I have received an offer [final & non-negotiable] from a Dubai based company with the following details:

Job Title: Business Development Manager

Salary: AED 16,650 per month

Commission [per month]: 1% on sales [this can range from AED 2,500 to 6,000] going by the average numbers.

Medical: Will be provided by the company for me but not the wife and kid [turns 4 in Jan].

Air Ticket: One economy class air ticket per annum.

An additional bump in salary equal to AED 5,000 per month is applicable if the performance is on par with the set targets after six months of employment.

Note: There will be no housing allowance, child education allowance, medical & travel allowance for the family, company car or relocation allowance but the company will fly me in if I accept the offer. There is no annual bonus provided in the company as the sales commission is considered to be a bonus.

---------

I won't bring the family with me initially if I accept but after 6 months I do plan to move them if all goes well. I feel the offer is on the lower side from the research I have done but I might be wrong which is why I need some guidance from the members here.

Can anybody provide their valuable feedback if this package is feasible? The office is in Dubai Media City so the accommodation would have to be around that area [Marina, Greens, Discovery Gardens etc.] rather than on the side i.e. Bur Dubai or Deira which is the other side of town.

Thank you in advance.

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
Hello everybody,
This is my first post here. I have received an offer [final & non-negotiable] from a Dubai based company with the following details:

About right
Commission [per month]: 1% on sales [this can range from AED 2,500 to 6,000] going by the average numbers.
so AED25 - 60 per sale - you've got to think if that will cover the cost of getting you there etc, laundry, petrol, car rental/lease etc....
Medical: Will be provided by the company for me but not the wife and kid [turns 4 in Jan].
Thought that company had to pay for all family? You'd have thought a reputable group would!
Woah - how generous!
An additional bump in salary equal to AED 5,000 per month is applicable if the performance is on par with the set targets after six months of employment.
Is the target achievable and realistic - 6 months is not a long time from scratch to get up and running.

Note: There will be no housing allowance, child education allowance, medical & travel allowance for the family, company car or relocation allowance but the company will fly me in if I accept the offer. There is no annual bonus provided in the company as the sales commission is considered to be a bonus.
This is where it all goes to pot, it basically means you can't afford to bring them - maybe that's what the company want by not providing the above....

---------

I won't bring the family with me initially if I accept but after 6 months I do plan to move them if all goes well. I feel the offer is on the lower side from the research I have done but I might be wrong which is why I need some guidance from the members here.

Can anybody provide their valuable feedback if this package is feasible? The office is in Dubai Media City so the accommodation would have to be around that area [Marina, Greens, Discovery Gardens etc.] rather than on the side i.e. Bur Dubai or Deira which is the other side of town.

Thank you in advance.

Answers in GREEN!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Also need to cater for accomodation starting at about 100K (Dirhams) per year and then going up ... depending what your requirements are there

·
Banned
48 Posts
Hello everybody,

---------

Thank you in advance.
Guys I know of in simular role(with degree) in assorted commercial sectors have base salary Dh 25 - 40K plus performance bonus, Dh8K housing, Dh2K car plus med cover plus 30 days paid leave plus a return biz class ticket p/a and all family relocation expenses paid for after 90days.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
HACM

As others have said, the offer is far too low for you to support your family in anything like a reasonable manner. I would not advise that you accept this, but look for something else where the company considers their employees as well as their profits.

Good luck

-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I appreciate the candid answers and have decided to decline the offer because it is not a fair.

I will stick around this forum for sure. I already like this place. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Better stay where you are if that's the case. the offer is too low, and you are not sure if the commission is given. many conpanies tend to not give it for whatever reasons. A big chunk, say 30% of your income goes to accommodation; so youre at the losing end. Plus medical is expensive here. Think twice. Maybe youre better off where you are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.